- Cusco, Urubamba, and Trujillo Arequipa
- Duration of Program
- 1-12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- 1 and 3 Monday of every Month
- both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Global Crossroad's volunteer projects in teaching English offer volunteers ample opportunity to explore the day-to-day life of Peruvians, while helping young students improve their English skills. Most of our volunteers work as assistants to English teachers or as English teachers themselves. Work includes teaching English (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking, writing, listening, etc.) to primary, middle, and high school students 2-4 hours per day.
Most schools in Peru follow a trimester schedule.
- The first trimester: the last week of March to the last week of June;
- The second trimester: the first week of July to the last week of September;
- The third trimester: the last week of September to the middle of December.
- Remarks: Schools are closed for summer break from mid-December to mid-March.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US $2086 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Thoroughly Researched and Personalized Projects
- Airport Reception/Pick-Up
- In-Country Transportation
- Support of In-Country Coordinator
- Pre-Departure Information
- Emergency Support
- Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
- Fundraising Ideas
- Airport Return/Drop-Off
- Airport Tax
- Daily Transportation
- Personal Expenses
- Bottled Water/Soft Drinks
- Entry Fees
What Your Program Fee Does Cover?
What Your Program Fee does not cover?
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific training or qualification is required for this program but participants should have effective communication skills.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Global Crossroad manages your entire supervision and accommodation during the project period. You will be entitled to three local meals and your accommodation would be managed in a host family or hostel according to the project.
- Application Process
Global Crossroad follows 6 steps in completing your application process:
- Step 1 >> If Global Crossroad receives any of your questions by e-mail, we reply with answers. A formal application may be attached, or you may either download an application from our website or apply directly online
- Step 2 >> Complete the application form and submit it with your non-refundable $200 program deposit (check/money order/credit card in U.S. dollars). The program deposit is later deducted from the total program fee.
- Step 3 >> After receiving your application and the $200 program deposit, we will notify you immediately, and your application will be sent to our in-country coordinator for processing. Please allow our local staff up to 2 weeks. During that time, we will process your application, match your interests, and determine the details of your project, arrangements for room and food, and answer any remaining questions you might have.
- Step 4 >> Once you receive your placement details from Global Crossroad (or confirmation), you should begin preparing for travel by obtaining all necessary documents (passport, visa) and meeting immunization requirements.
- Step 5 >> Purchase your ticket and fax a photocopy of your passport and itinerary to our office. Participants must make a full payment of the program fee at least 1-2 months prior to departure.
- Step 6 >> Our in-country coordinator or representative welcomes you at the airport and your Global Crossroad volunteer adventure begins.
- Any Missing Important Information
- Summer escapes: $1999 for 4 weeks program (including 5 Days of Travel)
- Mini venture: $1,499 for two weeks program
- TEFL Peru: $1,399 for four weeks program
- Host family stay: Add $5 per day
- Amazon Jungle (3 Days) - $569
- Cusco, Scared Valley and Machupicchu (3 Days) - $569
- Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley (5 Days) - $999
- Arequipa, Colca, Canyon, Cusco (5 Days) - $939
- Puno, Lake Titicaca, Sacred Valley (7 Days) - $899
Spanish Language Program Fee
Small Group Instruction (2-6 people)
2 hours/day $55/week
3 hours/day $85/week
4 hours/day $105/week
Global Crossroad 's other programs in Peru
- Cusco, Urubamba, and Trujillo Arequipa : Health Project in Peru Starts From US $699
- Cusco : Photo Journalism in Peru Starts From US $699
- Peru: Internship in Peru with Global Crossroad
- Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, & Machupicchu : Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, & Machupicchu Tour Starts From US $999
- Cusco : Mini-Venture Peru Starts From US $1499
- Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Cusco, and Machupicchu : Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Cusco & MachupicchuTour Starts From US $939
- Cusco, Urubamba, and Trujillo Arequipa : Work in Orphanage in Peru Starts From US $699
- Cusco, Urubamba, and Trujillo Arequipa : Street Children Community Center in Peru Starts From US $699
- Cusco : Summer Escape in Peru Starts From US $2099
- Puno, Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machupicchu : Puno, Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Sacred Valley, & Machupicchu Tour
- Cusco, Urubamba, and Trujillo Arequipa : Teach English at a Local School in Peru Starts From US $699
- Cusco, Urubamba, and Trujillo Arequipa : Conservation Projects in Peru Starts From US $699
- Cusco : Peru TEFL Program Starts From US $1399
- Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machupichhu : Cusco, Sacred Valley, & Machupicchu Tour Starts From US $569
- Sacred Valley, Peru : Andean Cultural Immersion Project in Peru Starts From US $699
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM