- Masai land
- Duration of Program
- Minimum of 1 Week
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Art in Tanzania provides education for Masai tribes. We have funded the construction of a school in one village and continue to provide volunteer teachers for the Masai children.
- Major Responsibilities
Volunteers also run vocational training programs such as English courses, business skills and handicrafts skills. Volunteers working with the tribes live in the village in a Masai Boma according to traditional Masai customs.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US$300 per week
- What program fee Includes
- airport transfer at arrival
- breakfast and dinner
- project guidance.
- Personal expenses
- airfair cost
- vacination cost
- visa cost
Cost not Included.
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills required but the volunteer should be flexible, helpful, motivatived and eager to learn new culture.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
- Art in Tanzania works in six locations in Tanzania. We provide you with accomodation and all the necessary basics for your projects.
- As we finance all our projects from donations, safari profits and volunteer fees, we obviously cannot provide you with a five star hotel. Our hostels however are clean and safe places where you will be surrounded by plenty of new friends. In fact we find that most volunteers never want to say goodbye! Find us on Facebook to find out why.
- You can choose one of six locations: Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Masai land, Moshi and Zanzibar, where you can stay in the historic Stone Town or Mzuri Kaja village.
- Accommodation in Dar es Salaam and Stone Town is in volunteer hostels, with between 2 and 6 people sharing a room.
- Accommodation in Masai land is in a Masai Boma mud hut. Masai land is best described as basic "camping" conditions, as you will live according to traditional Masai culture.
- Accommodation in other locations is in shared rooms within private houses.
- Every location has a security team on patrol 24 hours a day.
Breakfast and dinner are included in your volunteer fees. Meals include a variety of local and "Western" dishes, and are cooked and prepared at your hotel or house.
- Application Process
Application Process: Pleace click on the link for the application form.
- Any Missing Important Information
Volunteering in Tanzania requires a Class C Residence Permit (US$150). Art in Tanzania will process the permit following receipt of the required documents during the booking process. Volunteers also need to purchase a Tourist Visa (US$50 except US and Ireland nationals US $100) at Immigration to enter Tanzania.
Art in Tanzania 's other programs in Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Handicrafts & Design Sector Internship Placements in Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Environmental Sector Internship Placements in Tanzania
- Masai land : Voluntary Work in Masai Land of Tanzania
- Various Locations : Environmental Conservation Program in Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Construction and Furniture Sector Internship Placements in Tanzania
- Various Locations : Teach Music to the Children of Tanzania
- Various Places : Traditional African Handicraft Project in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Moshi, Arusha and Masai land : Educational Sector Internship Placements in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Moshi, Masai Land, Zanzibar : Internship with Art in Tanzania
- Mt Kilimanjaro : Mt Kilimanjaro Climb & Community Work Program in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam : Computer and Technology Driven Projects in Tanzania
- Various Locations : Educational and Vocational Training in Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Engineering Sector Internship Placements in Tanzania
- Various Places : Help Widowed and Underprivileged Women of Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Internship in Media Sector Placements in Tanzania
Art-in-Tanzania in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM