- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw
- Duration of Program
- 2-3 Months
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
The Media Sector placements are tailored to the general skills and capabilities of the intern and also to what kind of training the interns need to undertake. All interns’ placements are more or less tailored according to the background and interests of the participant, and the requirement’s of the actual internship as part of the intern’s studies.
- Major Responsibilities
Typically the intern will be working with Art in Tanzania in Dar es Salaam head quarters participating in the intensive production of articles and advertisements for our monthly magazine “Fiesta”, attending TV and radio shows etc. Also moviemakers and photographers are most welcome and needed. The student will mainly participate in Dar es Salaam, but can do part of the project in Arusha, Moshi and Masai land and Zanzibar as well.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US$ 240 per week
- What program fee Includes
- House cleaning
- 24 hour volunteer support
- Breakfast and dinner
- Airport transfer at arrival.
- Personal expenses
- Airfare Cost
- Visa Cost
- Vaccination cost
Cost Doesnt Includes
- Skills/ Qualifications
We prefer to tailor the Media sector placements according to the experience of the intern as well as what type of practical training the student needs to fulfill.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
- Art in Tanzania works in six locations in Tanzania. We provide you with accomodation and all the necessary basics for your projects.
- As we finance all our projects from donations, safari profits and volunteer fees, we obviously cannot provide you with a five star hotel. Our hostels however are clean and safe places where you will be surrounded by plenty of new friends. In fact we find that most volunteers never want to say goodbye! Find us on Facebook to find out why.
- You can choose one of six locations: Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Masai land, Moshi and Zanzibar, where you can stay in the historic Stone Town or Mzuri Kaja village.
- Accommodation in Dar es Salaam and Stone Town is in volunteer hostels, with between 2 and 6 people sharing a room.
- Accommodation in Masai land is in a Masai Boma mud hut. Masai land is best described as basic "camping" conditions, as you will live according to traditional Masai culture.
- Accommodation in other locations is in shared rooms within private houses.
- Every location has a security team on patrol 24 hours a day.
Food and Transport
- Breakfast and dinner are included in your volunteer fees. Meals include a variety of local and "Western" dishes, and are cooked and prepared at your hotel or house.
- Projects are usually located within walking distance of your accommodation, although some may require the use of public transport. Additional transport costs are not included in your volunteer fees.
- All transport and food is included in your safari fees.
- Application Process
Application Process: Please Download the Application Form and email it to email@example.com http://www.artintanzania.org/images/docs/internship%20application.doc
- Any Missing Important Information
Visa: Volunteering in Tanzania requires a Class C Residence Permit (US$150). Art in Tanzania will process the permit following receipt of the required documents during the booking process. Volunteers also need to purchase a Tourist Visa (US$50 except US and Ireland nationals US$100) at Immigration to enter Tanzania.
Art in Tanzania 's other programs in Tanzania
- Various Places: Adventure Volunteering in Zanzibar & Community Work in Tanzania
- Mt Kilimanjaro : Mt Kilimanjaro Climb & Community Work Program in Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Work as an Intern in Medical Sector of Tanzania
- Various Places : Traditional African Handicraft Project in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam : Help Produce High Quality Magazine in Tanzania
- Various Locations : Teach Music to the Children of Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Theatre and Performances Sector Internship Placements in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Moshi, Masai Land, Zanzibar : Internship with Art in Tanzania
- Various Locations : Health Care and Medical Program in Tanzania
- Various Places : Ruaha Safari & Community Work Adventure Program in Tanzania
- Various Locations : Educational and Vocational Training in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Masai Land, Zanzibar : Adventure & Volunteer with Art in Tanzania
- Various Locations: Help us Construct a School for the Children of Tanzania
- Arusha, Moshi/Kilimanjaro, Arusha Maasai, Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar, Morogoro, Serengeti, Mw: Social Sector Internship Program in Tanzania
- Various Places: 2 National Parks, Zanzibar & Community Work in Tanzania
Art-in-Tanzania in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM