- Duration of Program
- 2 to 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact Organisation
- both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
ELI works with organizations in Nepal to provide internships designed to give participants valuable work experience. Interns gain important competencies working in businesses and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) abroad. This international experience and the opportunity it provides to develop cross-cultural communication skills give a valuable edge when applying for jobs or graduate school.
- Major Responsibilities
Our partner organizations work tirelessly for the promotion of gender justice, non-discriminatory and rights-based behaviors and practices. Among the thousands of individuals who are trafficked across Nepal’s borders every year, the majority is women and children. It is estimated that Nepali women aged 15-30 make up 2.8% of the women in Indian brothels, and the numbers are sharply rising. These placements are open to advanced students or volunteers with significant NGO experience who are motivated and do not require a lot of supervision. The minimum time commitment is one month. Participants in this program often assist with research and reports and assist with grassroots projects as needed. Click here to view a photo journal from a previous participant.
- Cost/Program Fee
- USD 885 (2 Weeks) and USD 1685 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Pre-departure information
- Pick up from the airport in Kathmandu
- Orientation and welcome pack
- Volunteer Position
- Two meals a day
- 24/7 emergency service
- Round-trip Airfare
- Return trip to Airport
- Required Travel and Medical Insurance
- Visa Fees
What is Included?
What's Not Included?
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills or qualifications are required except the volunteer should have good communication skills.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Housing: Participants live in the volunteer house a short way from Thamel. Bedrooms are shared when the house is at capacity, and there are solar panels that usually provide hot water. The coordinator and his family live on-site, and breakfast and dinner are provided daily.
- Application Process
Application process online. To apply please click on the link http://www.eliabroad.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=790
- Any Missing Important Information
Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is not included in the program fee. We prefer to let participants decide what kind of coverage they need.
Experiential Learning International 's other programs in Nepal
- Kathmandu : Intern at Dental Program in Nepal
- Nepal: Study Abroad in Nepal
- All Over Nepal : Volunteer to Teach English in Nepal
- Kathmandu : Children's and Women's Rights, NGO Intern Positions in Nepal
- Kathmandu Valley : Volunteer at an Orphanage In Nepal
- Throughout Nepal : Teach at a Buddhist Monastery and Volunteer at an Orphanage in Nepal
- Kathmandu : Intern at a Hospital or Health Clinic Program in Nepal
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM