Internship in India -Teaching Internship Starts From US $329
- Delhi, & Jaipur
- Duration of Program
- 4 Days to 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- 1 and 3 Monday of each Month
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
The English teaching project covers teaching in several government schools in Delhi . In India , English is not included in primary, public school curriculums. Many poor children cannot afford private, English lessons - often continuing on to higher levels of education with little or poor knowledge of Basic English. Your role as an intern can help make a difference in these children's lives. This is a very good opportunity for interns with an educational background to learn the basic fundamentals of teaching a class and gain some experience in their desired profession.
- Major Responsibilities
In the English-teaching program, you either work as an independent teacher or as an assistant to an English teacher. You will be teaching in government schools (most likely). If IFRE cannot find placement in a government school, the participant will then be teaching in either a semi-government or private school where each school has an English teacher. As an English teacher in India , interns will teach conversational English through by the books or educational materials designated by said schools. Interns may also organize games, art lessons, singing, dancing, as well as other creative, educational and extra-curricular activities. Interns may also assist children with homework as well as monitor academic progress. Schools may seek the assistance of interns with help in other, on-going academic activities or administrative duties.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US $1950 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Food (3 Meals a day)
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
- Airport Welcome
- In country Transportation
- Country Coordinator Support
- Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
- SAFE Volunteer Placement
- Volunteer Care and Other Services
- Emergency support
- Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
- Fund Raising Ideas
- International flights
- Visa extension
- Personal expenses on water/soft drinks/entertainment ($1-3 per day)
- Laundry,& telephone
What's Included in Program Fee ?
Additional costs for volunteers:
- Skills/ Qualifications
Though no teaching experience or skills are needed, interns joining the English-teaching program in India should have an effective and competent level of the understanding of the English language (both written and spoken). Interns are expected to be flexible and patient as well as possess a passion and love for teaching English.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
IFRE arranges room, food, and supervision for interns from the beginning, as well as to the end of program. During the first week's language and cultural immersion program, interns will stay in IFRE's hostel in Gurgaon ( Delhi ) where cooks prepare a variety of Indian food ( Nan , curry, Dal, chapatti, rice, and pickle). For the duration of their respective internship programs, intern's accommodation will be provided by a host family. However, interns joining IFRE's orphanage program will stay with the children in a hostel. IFRE arranges a separate room along with a communal bath for interns in both the host families and hostel accommodations. Details covering the arrangements for room/food are outlined in the prepared placement details. In Delhi , IFRE's staff visits interns EVERY two weeks. As for Ladakh and Jaipur, IFRE will supply a local contact person. Interns will stay in touch with our Delhi offices by either phone or email.
- Application Process
Please Read IFRE's Application Process (Options Available):
There are two options available to those applying for volunteer positions in the India programs:
• Apply online ( http://www.ifrevolunteers.org/apply-now.php )
• Download the application form. Then, fill it out, and mail to IFRE.
- Participants are required to submit their application with a $349 application fee plus the program fee for the number of weeks you choose. However to simply start the process, all that is needed upfront is a $200 deposit which will be deducted from the final invoice. This non-refundable deposit from you is required to ensure the validity of the application.
- Once IFRE receives your application, it will immediately be submitted to India for processing. Our in-country coordinator then carefully reviews your application to ensure the best project possible for the prospective applicant as well as prepare arrangements for room/food. Arrangements for room and food depend upon the location of the project. Volunteers will either stay with host families or on-site of their respective projects (if position is in the orphanage). IFRE will then submit the volunteer's placement details within 1-2 weeks.
- Upon receipt of placement details, IFRE forwards the information to its volunteers accompanied by an invoice to arrange payment for the associated program fees. Once the volunteer receives their placement details, they are prepared to directly call our India office and speak with them or ask any questions - preparing volunteers for their trip.
- Preparation for an Indian trip includes: reading about India , vaccination, Visa arrangement, booking tickets. If you experience ANY problems, please call IFRE's office.
- Once volunteers purchase their airfare tickets, they should promptly submit said flight details to BOTH IFRE's USA and India-based offices.
- Any Missing Important Information
India's Language Program Fee: US$ 250 for one week
Language fee covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, paper, orientation package, TV, video, trainers), cost of local sight seeing/tourist site arrangements, recreational activities, village stay/host family, cultural programs and additional activities, travel related expenses (one week orientation), insurance.
Institute for Field Research Expeditions 's other programs in India
- Delhi : Internship in India - Children's Issues Starts From US $329
- Delhi : Summer Volunteer and Adventure Program India Starts From US $1769
- Delhi, & Jaipur : Volunteer India: Teaching English (Delhi, Jaipur) Starts From US $685
- Delhi : Women Empowerment Project (Delhi) Starts From US $685
- Delhi, & Jaipur : Volunteer India: Work in Orphanage (Delhi, Jaipur) Starts From US $685
- Delhi : Work in Local Health Project (Delhi) Starts From US $685
- Delhi : Internship in India - Women's Issues Starts From US $329
- Delhi : Internship in India - HIV/AIDS Project Starts From US $329
- Delhi, & Jaipur : Internship in India -Teaching Internship Starts From US $329
- Delhi : Internship in India-Medical/Health Starts From US $329
- Delhi : Volunteer in India: HIV/AIDS Project (Delhi) Starts From US $685