- United States
- Duration of Program
- 12 Months
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Date
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
Training will consist of learning and implementing all aspects of American baking and cake shop techniques, as well as high-quality German and Viennese baking. Training will include baking techniques of cakes, danishes, pastries and familiarity with kitchen and bakery equipment. Intern/trainee will also expand his or her business knowledge of an international bakery establishment.
- Major Responsibilities
Job Responsibilities: Training will consist of learning and implementing all aspects of American baking and cake shop techniques, as well as high-quality German and Viennese baking. Training will include baking techniques of cakes, danishes, pastries and familiarity with kitchen and bakery equipment. Intern/trainee will also expand his or her business knowledge of an international bakery establishment.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Contact the Organization
- What program fee Includes
- J-1 Visa sponsorship for the duration of your program
- U.S. State Department-mandated accident and sickness insurance for your entire program and grace period
- 24-hour support throughout your program
- Your DS-2019 Form, if approved
- SEVIS Fee: $180 (payable to the Department of Homeland Security upon acceptance to the program)
- Embassy/Consulate Fee: $140 (paid to the Embassy/Consulate)
- Transportation to the USA
- Basic living expenses
- Skills/ Qualifications
Skills or Qualifications:
- Educational background in the industry is required. Previous work experience in the industry is preferred. European candidates especially encouraged to apply.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Arrangements of room and food: Housing options vary across the USA. All cities and even most small towns have apartments available for rent. Larger cities have more options, including apartment sublets, rooms for rent, homestays, and university-style dormitories.Renting an apartment by yourself will provide you with the most freedom; however, it can also be a very expensive.Dormitories typically have a greater sense of community and social interaction and will allow you to meet other students and young professionals. Most often, dormitory-style and university housing will require you to share a bedroom and bathroom with other individuals. Most dormitories also provide essential housing needs, such as furnished rooms, Internet access, kitchen and laundry facilities, and, in some cases, even meals.Hostels are great for temporary accommodation while you look for something more long-term, Hostels typically require you to share a bedroom and bathroom with other residents, but they also provide opportunities for meeting other young people and making friends.
- Application Process
- Fill out our Info Request Form. Within one business day, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with information regarding the next steps you must take in order to apply for an available position. Please add this email address to your address book to ensure delivery. If there is an international cooperator in your home country, they will send you a full application and details about the program. If you prefer to work with InterExchange Career Training USA directly or if there is no cooperator in your country, we will send you an application and additional program information.
- Complete the application and gather all the required supplemental documents and your employer’s documents. Send everything to our cooperator or to InterExchange, if working with us directly. Be sure to include the full program fees (the cooperator or InterExchange will inform you of the specific amounts), as we will not be able to begin reviewing your application until it is complete and full payment has been received.
- Once we receive your complete application and fees, we will verify whether you are eligible for J-1 Visa sponsorship and that your employer and internship meet all of the program requirements. Our review process takes approximately 2 weeks. If your application is incomplete, if we require additional information, or if we must perform a site visit for your host employer, the review process will require additional time.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with your SEVIS ID number and instructions for paying the fee for SEVIS, the U.S. Government database in which all program participants are entered. You will also receive an acceptance packet via UPS with additional program information, including the DS-2019 Form, which is required in order to apply for a visa.
- After paying the SEVIS fee, you must apply for a visa at your local U.S. Embassy/Consulate. When you attend your interview, you must take proof of the SEVIS payment, the DS-2019 Form, the DS-7002 Form, and any other materials indicated on your Embassy/Consulate website.
- After receiving a visa, you can make final arrangements to travel to the USA. If you are denied a visa, contact us immediately to review your situation.
- Newton: Enroll in Web Developer Internship Program at Digital Marketing Firm
- Los Angeles: User Experience and Information Science Internship Program in Los Angeles USA
- New York: Enroll in Hospitality Operations Food and Beverage Internship Program at New York
- Frederick: Web Marketing Internships Program in Web Development Agency
- Jersey City: Enroll in Hospitality and Food and Beverage Internship Program
- Manhattan, New York: Real Estate Web Marketing Internships Program in Boutique Real Estate Firm
- Chicago: Logistics and Business Management Internship Program in Chicago
- Manhattan, New York: PHP Developer Intern Required in Boutique Real Estate Firm
- Rye: Culinary and Baking Internships Program in Rye, USA
- Manhattan: Sales, Marketing and Public Relations Internship Program in Design Studio
- Solvang: Business Development Internships Program in IT Consulting Firm
- Jersey City: Hospitality Concierge Internship Program in High End Luxury Golf Club
- Frederick: Enroll in Web Developer Internship Program at Web Development Agency
- California : Information Technology and Computer Science Internship Program in California
- Oakland: International Communications Internships Program in Oakland, California
Inter Exchange 's other programs in United States
Inter-Exchange in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM