- South Africa
- Cape Town
- Duration of Program
- 3 Months
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Date
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years
- Project Review
The company is a specialist in design consultancy offering a Media Internship in Cape Town in the field of Animation. They are focussing on the design and production of innovative interactive learning tools that delight the imagination and provoke the mind. They use cutting-edge media technologies to create unique entertaining and educational experiences for corporate, science centre, school, and museum environments. The products include interactive intranet and online courses, induction programs, e-learning applications, product tutorials, and interactive educational games. Further the company designs innovative multimedia productions for the World Wide Web, DVD, CD-ROM, cell phone as well as for touch screens, interactive floors, interactive tables, and giant touch walls. The company also designs exhibits that explain complex ideas in simple terms for corporate expos, commercial and public spaces, museums and science centres. The company is a industry leader and their vision is to be one of the world’s leading innovators of creative educational solutions.
- Major Responsibilities
- Drawing of storyboards and creating models
- To design an animated environment including backgrounds, sets and objects
- To build up accurate and detailed frame-by-frame visuals.
- You will work out the timing of movements and make sure things meet the script requirements
- Using computer software such as Flash, Maya, Lightwave and others
- You will work closely with clients and develop concepts, pitching ideas, etc.
- Responsible for courseware development, storyboarding and building online courses using standard applications and templates
- You will be drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Euro 1140
- What program fee Includes
- Internship Placement
- Accommodation service (room)
- Accommodation service (apartment)
- Car hire
- Internship Placement + Accommodation (room) + Car hire
- Skills/ Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Studies in Marketing, Media,Learning Technology, Business Administration or similar
- Should be able to think out of the box
- Experience in Marketing would be advantegous
- Good English skills
- Experience in Flash, 3d studio max, Maya, Lightwave, Softimage and Cinema 4D would be advantegous
- Additional languages would be advantegous
- Reliable, Responsible as well as able to take ownership
- Well presented
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Arrangement of room and food: In addition to the placement of your Cape Town internship or language course, Students Meet Africa will assist you in finding suitable student accommodation in Cape Town. Through our numerous network of contacts they are able to offer a wide range of accommodation that will suit your needs. Depending on your personal requirements, they can place you in a Guest House, a community or in an apartment. As soon as they find you an Internship in Cape Town, a representative of Students Meet Africa, will contact you to in order to arrange your student accommodation in Cape Town.
- Application Process
- After receipt of your application for a Cape Town internship, a member of Students Meet Africa will contact you, within a period of 2 calendar days. Our team will answer your questions as best as we can and we will simplify the particulars regarding your Internship in South Africa.
- Sending of all your application documents would include the documents listed below. If you need assistance with preparing your application documents, our team will happily assist you.Current Certificate of Study or Certificate of Highest Achieved Degree,CV / Resume in English,A Motivation Letter, in English, entailing your interested field of internship.
- Students Meet Africa will analyze and evaluate your application documents and thereafter embark on finding you a suitable internship that will meet your individual needs and abilities. As soon as we have obtained the appropriate position, we will contact you and provide you with all the necessary details relating to your Cape Town internship. If you should not be satisfied with the internship placement, we will then submit an alternative placement to you. In some instances, certain companies insist on interviewing the intern, and in such situations, Students Meet Africa will arrange for a telephone interview between the company and yourself.
- Ater you have decided to commence your internship program, Students Meet Africa will then provide you with an Internship Contract.
- If required by you, Students Meet Africa will arrange accommodation for you in Cape Town, and will organize a rental car, or assist you with the process of purchasing a vehicle.
- Students Meet Africa Cape Town, will provide you with the most important travel tips for your journey. We will gladly assist you with the following important matters:Visa Procedure,Health Insurance,Vaccination,Affordable flight tickets to Cape Town, South Africa.
- Any Missing Important Information
Important information: Upon arrival in South Africa you need to possess a passport, which is still valid at least 30 days after you have returned to your country. Furthermore your passport must have at least two free pages in it for visa stamps.Since 2005 a VISA is even needed for an unpaid internship or voluntary work in South Africa. Upon arrival in South Africa citizens from the European Union receive a visitor’s permit for the length of 90 days. This permit can be extended for another 90 days at the Department of Home Affairs. Please bear in mind that the extension of your permit has to be made at least 30 days before the first permit expires. Furthermore you need to present certain documents when apply for a new VISA.
Students Meet Africa 's other programs in South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Multimedia Design Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Marketing and Public Relations Internship Program in Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Event Management Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Software Engineering Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in NGO Community Projects Internships Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Marketing Internship Program in Retail Industry of Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Web Design Internship in Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Media Instructional Design Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Marketing Internship Program in Tourism Industry of Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Engineering Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Flash Programming Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Digital Marketing Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Legal Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Enroll in Interaction Design Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
- Cape Town: Online Marketing Internship Program at Cape Town, South Africa
Students-Meet-Africa in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM