- South Africa
- Cape Town
- Duration of Program
- 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
Cape Divine is a full-service boutique hotel management and consulting company, providing small-to-medium-size hotels with a comprehensive variety of services. Our offerings enable developers, investors, entrepreneurs, owners and managers to significantly and measurably improve their hotel business performance. Our clientele range from those with no experience in the hospitality industry who desire to create a successful guesthouse or small hotel, to institutional investors and property developers who are interested in developing new, or turning around existing and underperforming hotels. We believe in the creation of value as the ultimate driving force behind every investment decision, whether large or small. Our services range from one-off projects such as the development of business feasibility studies and the creation of a marketing plan to comprehensive hotel management services. For those who would like to have partial ownership of a luxury boutique hotel, Cape Divine also provides investment in an existing hospitality property. This allows our clients to capitalise on the massive growth of the hotel industry in the Western Cape, by taking advantage of the capital appreciation while enjoying complimentary hotel nights and/or receiving a solid return on your investment.
- Major Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of promotional strategies and product development.
- Develop media packs for international public relations firms and company promotions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and advertising agencies, freelance talent, print suppliers, and other marketing services.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of company newsletters, prepare press releases and event announcements.
- Update Company Newsletters, Profiles, Partners, Customers, and all other on the corporate website.
- Provide administrative and personal support to Directors, including running errands, coordinating travel arrangements, & preparing agendas & appointments.
- Generate marketing materials for mass brochure mailings to prospective customers, including thank you letters.
- Validate and fulfill Request for Marketing Information. Track requests & mailings.
- Track revenues & expenses for certain functions / activities.
- Arrange preparatory meetings for new business development initiatives.
- Coordinate catered events for clients & staff events including: dinners, luncheons, parties, etc.
Job responsibilities Include:
- Cost/Program Fee
- Contact the Organization
- What program fee Includes
- Personal expenses (food, activities)
- Private transportation (a requirement for those working at internship sites located within the townships)
- Traveler''s insurance
Program Fee Excludes:
- Skills/ Qualifications
This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented individual who desires to professionally grow in a marketing position, with significant responsibility in a growing, entrepreneurial company.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation and Food: Most VACorps participants will live within an area of the city called Observatory (affectionately referred to as ‘Obz’). One of the most exciting student neighbourhoods in all of Cape Town, Obz features a surprisingly cosmopolitan vibe despite its intimate size. This can be largely contributed to the international visitors (like you) that make up a large percentage of the area’s inhabitants. Living in Observatory is a great way to experience the cultural and political vibes of the ‘New South Africa’ in a way that will introduce you the larger scale complexities of a nation still defining its post-Apartheid identity.
- Application Process
Application Process is online, please follow the given link http://www.vacorps.com/application/
- Any Missing Important Information
Note: You will not need a visa prior to arrival in South Africa unless you are planning to intern for a period greater than three months. When passing through South African customs, you will be issued a 90-day tourist visa after presenting a copy of your flight itinerary to an immigration official. This proves that you intend to leave the country at the end of your visit. If you participate in a three-month internship and would like to visit neighbouring countries after your program is finished, you may apply for another three month extension at the South African Office of Home Affairs, located in downtown Cape Town, Foreshore. We advise all of our participants to secure their visa extension one month prior to the expiry of their original tourist visa.
Volunteer Adventure Corps 's other programs in South Africa
- Cape Town: Marketing and Business Administration Internship with La Couronne
- Cape Town: Marketing Internship Program in Cape Divine
- Cape Town: Work as an Intern in PSFA's Fieldwork
- Cape Town: Shine Centre Internship Program in South Africa
- Cape Town: Life-skills Internship Program in Cape Town
- Cape Town: Light Speed Web Development Internship
- Cape Town: Isolobantwana Internship Program in Cape Town
- Cape Town: La Rosa Spanish Dance Theatre Internship Program
- Cape Town: Internship at Heideveld Community Health Clinic
- Cape Town: Gendocracy Internship Program with South African Media & Gender Institute
- Cape Town: Human Rights Commission Internship Program in South Africa
- Cape Town: Participate in Community Health Advocacy (CHA) Program
- Cape Town: Internship in Journalism in South Africa
- Cape Town: Work as an Intern in Financial Sector
- Cape Town: Work as Clinic Assistant at Community Medical Clinic
Volunteer-Adventure-Corps in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM