- Duration of Program
- 2 Weeks to 96 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact the Organization
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
An intensive and academic Japanese language course covering all aspects of the Japanese language, ideally suited to students needing in-depth knowledge prior to, during or post their University studies. Also suitable for all JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test preparation) preparation. Build on the Academic Term Courses, with extra private tuition classes to address areas of language weakness or develop specific skills. Also suitable for all Japanese Language Proficiency Test preparation. The course comprises of 20 group lessons plus additional private lessons. Maximum size of the class is just 15 students.
- Cost/Program Fee
- JPY 305,419 (12 Weeks) to JPY 1,141,875 (60 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Course and accommodation fee
- Cover transfer costs
- Tuition & Books
- ESA admin fee
- Daily living expenses
The costs include:
Any other extra expenses should be covered from the students own pocket.
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills or qualifications are required, except the candidates must be open, friendly and have good communication skills. The candidates must have some prior knowledge about the language.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
We strongly recommend students aim to book a Japanese Language course at least 12 weeks in advance, to ensure their required accommodation is available. The Japanese Language School offers various forms of residential accommodation and can house students with local Japanese families. The candidates have the following options:
- Student Village: The most popular option, particularly with teenagers. Single or shared rooms (the college will arrange a roommate for you) self catering, simple rooms in a modern building, a 20 minutes’ walk (or short bike ride) from college. Good sociable atmosphere, with communal kitchen/student common room.
- Villa apartments: Studio apartments in and around the college, generally 10 to 20 minutes walk from the college. Ideal for older students or those who wish for a more independent lifestyle.
- Private households: Single room, half-board accommodation with a local Japanese family. MUST be reserved at least 12 weeks in advance, or no family search can be made on your behalf. If you feel like staying with a family but believe a long term stay maybe too much for you, why not try a weekend visit? The college offers this service to students once in Okazaki, generally free of charge.
- Application Process
Interested candidates can visit http://www.cesalanguages.com/book-now and apply for our available courses.
- Any Missing Important Information
Weather: Okazaki is in Aichi Prefecture which has milder weather conditions than most of the country. Winters are coldest in January with an average temperature of 4oc and summers are hot and humid, reaching an average of 28oc in August. The rainfall is greatest in the summer and early autumn. Spring, with it's cherry blossom displays, is a favorite season with most Japanese people. Summer is festival season with fireworks, barbecues and trips to the river, and Okazaki is less humid than in Kyoto (which is almost unbearable in August). Autumn is a mild season with warm days and cool evenings. Winter offers skiing at the weekend in Nagano Prefecture (host to the '98 Winter Olympics).
CESA Languages Abroad 's other programs in Japan
- Okazaki: Study Japanese University Student Course with CESA Languages Abroad
- Fukuoka: Japanese Language & Traditional Culture Program in Fukuoka, Japan
- Okazaki: Japanese Academic Terms Courses with CESA Languages Abroad
- Fukuoka: Intensive Japanese Language Course with CESA Languages Abroad
- Okazaki: Japanese Academic Terms Plus Course with CESA Languages Abroad
- Okazaki: Learn Intensive Japanese Language with CESA Languages Abroad
- Fukuoka: Japanese Language & Activities Course with CESA Language Abroad
- Okazaki: Japanese Language & Discovery Course with CESA Language Abroad
- Fukuoka: Private Tuition Japanese Course in Fukuoka, Japan
- Fukuoka: Pop-Culture & Japanese Course with CESA Language Abroad
- Okazaki: Culture & Japanese Language Program in Okazaki, Japan
- Okazaki: Learn Standard Japanese Course with CESA Languages Abroad
- Fukuoka: Study Standard Japanese Course in Fukuoka, Japan
- Fukuoka: Japanese Language Proficiency Test Preparation with CESA Languages Abroad
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM