- United Kingdom
- Duration of Program
- 4 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Age Restrictions
- 20 Years +
- Project Review
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is intended for those with no previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with some experience but no previous training in the field. For anyone intending to enter the TEFL profession it is the ideal qualification to have. Most reputable language schools make it (or an equivalent) a requirement for anyone they employ.
The CELTA course covers the following syllabus:
- Language Analysis and Awareness
- The Learner, the Teacher and the Teaching/Learning Context
- Planning for Effective Teaching
- Classroom Management Skills
- Teaching Procedures and Techniques
- Resources and Materials
- Professional Development
- Classroom Observation
- Teaching Practice
- Cost/Program Fee
- USD 1,470 for 4 Weeks
- What program fee Includes
For details on what the cost covers and doesnot, please Contact the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skills/ Qualifications
Candidates must be at least 20 years old at the start of the course. They must have a standard of education which would allow entrance to higher education in their country. They must have an awareness of language, and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to follow the course. They must also have the potential to develop into effective teachers.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Cactus can arrange local accommodation for you with the school. If you would like to book this, please look at the options below and complete the accommodation section in the application form.
Host family accommodation - Bed and breakfast (Option A), The school has carefully selected a number of local families who are able to offer single room accommodation to students with breakfast - £400 for 4 weeks (extra nights payable to the school at £16 per night).
Executive host family accommodation - Half board (Option B)
Single room accommodation as above with half board which includes breakfast and an evening meal.
£480 for four weeks (extra nights payable to the school at £20 per night).
Student flat accommodation (Option C) If you prefer the maximum amount of freedom, you can choose to stay in a single bedroom in a fully furnished student apartment. In this case, common areas - the bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc. - are shared with other students. No meals are provided but you have the right to use the kitchen and to prepare your own meals.
Please note If you choose accommodation in an apartment, you will be asked to pay a deposit equivalent to two weeks rent on arrival. Any loss or damage that is attributed to you will be deducted from the deposit before the balance is returned.
£80 per week (extra nights payable to the school at £16 per night). All accommodation is arranged from the Sunday evening before the course begins until the Saturday morning after the course ends. The prices quoted are for the same period. If it is impossible to arrange arrival and departure times in accordance with these days, extra nights can normally be arranged on payment of the supplement. The fee includes the standard Cactus accommodation booking fee of £40.
- Application Process
1. Choose the start date which interests you.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure at email@example.com
- Any Missing Important Information
School Details - Belfast: The school is a member of a well-known language teaching and training school chain. The school building is located in University Street, which, as the name suggests, is in the heart of the city's university district. The area is full of bars, restaurants and shops catering for a large student population and is just a 10-minute walk from Belfast city centre. The language school is housed in an impressive Victorian building. While it has recently been completely refurbished, the building retains a number of original features including some stained-glass windows and some impressive wooden carving and stucco work. Spread over four floors the school has twelve spacious classrooms as well as a study room with computers for student use; a kitchen and dining area, and a small garden. There is wi-fi internet access throughout the building.
Cactus Worldwide Ltd 's other programs in United Kingdom
- Newcastle: Weekend & Online TEFL Course + Grammar + Specialist + Video
- Green Park Mayfair : Weekend + Online TEFL Courses at Green Park Mayfair
- Nottingham: Nottingham Clarendon Park Trinity Cert TESOL Program
- Westminster : Special Combination Certificate TEFL, LET, MET and CTEFL
- York : York Novotel Weekend TEFL Course
- All Over England : Foreign Language Teaching Program for Adults
- Leeds : The Queens Hotel Weekend TEFL Course
- Nottingham: Nottingham Jurys Inn Weekend & Cactus Online TEFL/TESOL Course
- Liverpool: Cactus Weekend TEFL Course + English Language Awareness Module
- Newcastle : Newcastle Weekend & Online TEFL Course + Grammar + Specialist Modules
- Woking: Woking Trinity Cert TESOL Part-time Program
- Milton Keynes: Weekend & Online TEFL Course + Grammar + Specialist + Video Module
- Glasgow : Glasgow Ramada Weekend TEFL Course
- Russell Square : Russell Square Trinity Cert TESOL Program
- Belfast : Belfast Cambridge CELTA Program
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM