- Duration of Program
- 1-12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- 1 and 3 Monday of every Month
- both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Global Crossroad organizes the internship in Ghana program especially for international students in various areas: orphanage work, sustainable agriculture and conservation, teaching English, and health care. Global Crossroad offers internships in Ghana in any area in collaboration with our local partners. Areas of Ghana internship include (but are not limited to):
- Traditional Ghanai Arts
- Environment and Conservation
- Women's Studies
- Developmental Studies
- Ghana language
- Report Writing
- Major Responsibilities
Under the Ghana internship program, the intern engages in daily project activities. In most cases, interns develop a report paper in a particular area of interest by working closely with the Global Crossroad project staff. Generally, the director of this project serves as a supervisor for the intern. As an intern, you stay with host families who live near the project in which you are involved. Most of the time, the director of the project will work to help you successfully complete your field report. Please contact Global Crossroad if you need any help locating information and materials for your internship program.
In order to get the most out of your internship position in Ghana, Global Crossroad recommends at least one week of language and culture programs because many times, language difficulties hinder the effectiveness of interning. These programs will provide you with a necessary, comprehensive start in exploring the every day issues of Ghana. Furthermore, it is possible to organize extra tutorials with experts in particular areas for additional fees. Global Crossroad suggests that you correspond with us if you have special needs for your internship.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US $1999 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Thoroughly Researched and Personalized Projects
- Support of In-Country Coordinator
- Pre-Departure Information
- Emergency Support
- Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
- Fundraising Ideas
- Airport Return/Drop-Off
- Airport Tax
- Daily Transportation
- Personal Expenses
- Bottled Water/Soft Drinks
- Entry Fees
What Your Program Fee Does Cover?
What Your Program Fee does not cover?
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific training or qualification is required for this program but participants should have effective communication skills.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Global Crossroad manages your entire supervision and accommodation during the project period.
- Application Process
Global Crossroad follows 6 steps in completing your application process:
- Step 1 >> If Global Crossroad receives any of your questions by e-mail, we reply with answers. A formal application may be attached, or you may either download an application from our website or apply directly online
- Step 2 >> Complete the application form and submit it with your non-refundable $200 program deposit (check/money order/credit card in U.S. dollars). The program deposit is later deducted from the total program fee.
- Step 3 >> After receiving your application and the $200 program deposit, we will notify you immediately, and your application will be sent to our in-country coordinator for processing. Please allow our local staff up to 2 weeks. During that time, we will process your application, match your interests, and determine the details of your project, arrangements for room and food, and answer any remaining questions you might have.
- Step 4 >> Once you receive your placement details from Global Crossroad (or confirmation), you should begin preparing for travel by obtaining all necessary documents (passport, visa) and meeting immunization requirements.
- Step 5 >> Purchase your ticket and fax a photocopy of your passport and itinerary to our office. Participants must make a full payment of the program fee at least 1-2 months prior to departure.
- Step 6 >> Our in-country coordinator or representative welcomes you at the airport and your Global Crossroad volunteer adventure begins.
- Any Missing Important Information
- Ghanaian Language & Culture (1 week-optional): $250
- Summer escapes: $1899 for 4 weeks program (including 6 days of travel)
- Mini venture: $1,199 for two weeks program
- TEFL Ghana: $1,699 for four weeks program
- Mini-Ghana Explorer (3 Days) - $439
- Ghana Cultural Exploration (4 Days) - $519
- Quest Through Ghana (5 Days) - $599
- Volta Exploration (7 Days) - $759
- Tour of Ghana's Greatest - $999
Airport Recieve and Transfer to HomeBase (29km) and First Night Lodging and Food $75
Global Crossroad 's other programs in Ghana
- Accra : Mini Venture in Ghana Starts From US $1199
- Accra : Summer Escape in Ghana Starts From US $1799
- Accra : HIV/AIDS Project in Ghana Starts From US $549
- Accra : Internship in Ghana Starts From US $1999
- Accra: Health Project in Ghana Starts From US $549
- Accra : Work In Orphange in Ghana Starts From US $549
- Accra : Ghana TEFL Program Starts From US $1350
- Ghana: Internship in Ghana with Global Crossroad
- Accra: Teach English In Ghana Starts From US $549
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM