- Ezulwini Valley
- Duration of Program
- 4 to 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- 1st Monday of Every Month
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 to 65 Y
- Project Review
Volunteer to help care for orphaned and vulnerable children in Swaziland. With one of Africa's highest HIV / AIDS rates, many of Swaziland's children have lost their parents and thus face food shortages, lack of adequate shelter and care, and most of all lack of attention and love. Volunteer on this project and you will be able to assist these orphans. Based at one of the project's child care centers you may help with hands-on teaching, organizing of activities, caring for the children, arranging food, assessing needs, developing the center and more.
The Orphan Care Project aims to assist these vulnerable children in a number of different ways; by giving them basic education, transferring skills, providing meals, helping to guide and care for the children, while giving them love and adult support. Many of these children cannot afford to attend school and their hope for a bright future lies in the support of these care centers and our volunteers. With high unemployment (50%) and limited state welfare, many of these children's needs cannot be met without volunteer involvement.
The project involves a number of small care centers in Swaziland, some of which are basic, rough structures and others are more organized and developed. All are in need of support and are run by people who volunteer their time and efforts. The specific aims of these centers vary but in general they provide orphaned and vulnerable children with basic food, care and education. Food is often grown in local gardens and some is donated. In addition to the education and care activities some centers need assistance with small infrastructure developments such as gardens, water systems and other physical structures. The project is also involved in the investigation and research of areas of need and works to raise awareness locally and worldwide, through the help of volunteers, of the children and their needs.
- Major Responsibilities
As a volunteer on the Orphan Care Project you will be working with existing Neighborhood Care Points in the local community with the aim of teaching basic education, such as math and English of which we can provide you with teaching aids and resources, arranging sport days for the children, creating craft masterpieces with the children, helping them with eating their breakfast and lunch meals, and just giving them the love and attention that they so desperately need. You will also assist in completing profiles of the children so that we are aware of their ongoing needs and circumstances.
- Cost/Program Fee
- USD 2,290 (4 Weeks) and USD 3,972 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- All accommodation throughout your programme
- All meals
- Orientation upon arrival
- Transfer to and from the airport in Swaziland
- Full support and daily guidance from the project coordinators
- Project material such as teaching aids, sport equipment and craft materials as required
- Backup support from All Out Africa’s head office and administrative staff
- Reimbursement of your bus fares.
- ALL OUT T-shirt
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement
- All flights
- All items of a personal nature.
- Telephhone, internet, extra food and drinks, weekend activities
- Any excursions over and above your planned itinerary
What is Included?
What's not Included?
- Skills/ Qualifications
All you need is to give care, support and love to the children helping them feel wanted.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation and meals are provided. For details contact the organisation.
- Application Process
Application process online. To apply please click on the link http://www.alloutafrica.com/volunteers/enquiry.php
- Any Missing Important Information
Visa: 30 days tourist visa on entry – 60 day extension possible in-country.
All Out Africa 's other programs in Swaziland
- Ezulwini Valley: Community Building for the Needy Families Volunteer Project in Swaziland
- Kruger National Park: Conservation of Wildlife Volunteer Projects in Swaziland
- Ezulwini Valley : Teach in Schools to the Underprivileged Children in Swaziland
- Ezulwini Valley: Coach Sports to Disadvantaged Children Volunteer Project in Swaziland
- Ezulwini Valley : Care for Orphaned Children Volunteer Project in Swaziland
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM