- Hverageroi, South Iceland
- Duration of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Dates of Program
- Contact the Organization
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Rehabilitation and Health Clinic which is a part of the Nature Health Association of Iceland located in Hveragerdi is a place of choice for all those who are in need of rehabilitation, regaining their strength or simply in need to rest. It has earned a solid reputation, both in Iceland and internationally, since its foundation in 1955 for personal and effective care of patients. It is the oldest sanatorium in Iceland and, one of the two most important rehabilitation clinics in Iceland. Every year approximately 2,000 patients and other guests enjoy the diverse rehabilitation programs. The Clinic does its best to meet the needs of all guests by enhancing their physical as well as mental well being. The basic philosophy is to build up clients’ health and improve their quality of life and well being. The approach builds self-confidence and individual awareness of the fact that only he or she is responsible for his/her own health. The project will mostly be focused on forestry, gardening and greenhouse work.
- Major Responsibilities
Volunteers will be picking some herbs for making tea. The amount and type of work will depends largely on weather conditions, therefore volunteers have to be flexible.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Contact the organization
- What program fee Includes
To know what the program fee cover and doesn't cover, please contact the organization (http://www.concordiavolunteers.org.uk/)
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills or qualification are required, except the volunteer needs to be friendly, open, flexible and should have good communication skills.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation and Food: Volunteers will be staying in a nice fully equipped flat. Participants are asked to bring a sleeping bag. All meals will be provided and cooked by our hosts. The food in the project will mainly be vegetarian food, but two times a week we will have delicious Icelandic fish. The food in this place is well known here in Iceland for the high standard of quality.
- Application Process
Application process online, interested candidate can apply online through the given link: http://www.concordiavolunteers.org.uk/volunteering-overseas/introduction-vo/how-to-apply/
- Any Missing Important Information
Note: Volunteers should be prepared for unfriendly weather, even though, hopefully, it will be nice most of the time.
Concordia 's other programs in Iceland
- Mývatnssveit: Volunteering Environmental Renovation and Restoration Program
- Reykjavík - Keflavík: Helping in Organizing Festival Program in Iceland
- Eskifjorour: Help with Manual Work at Eskifjorour, East Iceland
- Fljótsdalshérað: Helping in Agricultural Work Project in Iceland
- Various Locations: Raise Environmental Awareness and Work with Children in Iceland
- Reykjavík: Involve and Participate in the SEEDS Photo Marathon Program
- Reykjavik: Art and Environmental Education Program
- Eastfjords of Iceland: Environmental Work with Artistic Theam for Children
- Hverageroi, South Iceland: Forestry,Gardening and Greenhouse Work Project
- Hverageroi, South Iceland : Environmental Conservation Program in Hverageroi, South Iceland
- Westfjords: Take part in Environmental Restoration Project in Iceland
- Reykjavík : Christmas Photo Marathon at SEEDS
- Reykjavik : Artistic Project in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Eskifjorour, East Iceland: Taking Part in Environmental Conservation Program in Iceland
- Reykjavík: Support the Reykjavík Branch of the Icelandic Red Cross project
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM