- Duration of Program
- 2-12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Our caregiving placements involve many one-on-one interactions, but it’s the continuous access to our international volunteers that creates the positive, sustainable effect on communities. Beyond the time that one volunteer will spend in-country, the caregiving continues. As a volunteer, you are a link in a chain that connects you to all those people who have volunteered in the community before you, as well as those who will come after. Tools that CCS staff and volunteers have created ensure the effectiveness of our short-term volunteer work (e.g., log books documenting volunteer experiences and the placement guide), facilitate the process, and prepare you for your assigned placement.
- Major Responsibilities
Volunteers care for children, elderly, and people with disabilities. Simple activities such as playing games or planning arts & crafts activities can help to build self-esteem, and also offer support and encouragement. Volunteers may also assist in kitchens at mealtimes, and provide basic physical therapy and counseling services, depending on individual qualifications and experience.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US $2,784 (2-12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Personalized volunteer placement
- Cultural & Learning Activities
- Lodging at a CCS Home-Base
- All meals and bottled water
- In-country ground transportation
- Experienced and professional full-time staff
- Pre-departure materials and support
- All local and incoming international phone calls
- A 24-hour emergency hotline
- Comprehensive Travel medical insurance
Here are just a few of the services we provide:
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills are required but the volunteer should be flexible, helpful and eager to learn new culture.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation: All meals and Accommodation are provided by the organization.
- Application Process
Application Process: Please click on the given link to fill the application form at https://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/enroll/enrollment/step1.aspx
- Any Missing Important Information
Will there be time to travel when I'm volunteering abroad?
Free time is available some afternoons, most evenings, and every weekend. Our local staff can give you suggestions for places to visit, or you can create your own agenda. During your weekend you can take excursions to other parts of the country, or you may choose not to travel, and stay in town to get to know the community better. You may also choose to travel before or after the program (but this may affect the tax deductibility of your airfare).
Cross Cultural Solutions 's other programs in Guatemala
- Quetzaltenango: Health Care Assistance Program in Guatemala
- Quetzaltenango: Teach Children of Different Age Group in Guatemala
- Guatemala City: Volunteers to Empower Local Community Organizations of Guatemala
- Guatemala City: Volunteer as a Healthcare Assistant in Guatemala
- Guatemala City: Help Us in Community Development Project in Guatemala
- Guatemala City: Support Local Teachers of Guatemala
- Quetzaltenango: Care Giving Opportunities for Volunteers in Guatemala
- Guatemala City: Volunteer as a Caregiver in Guatemala
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM