- Phnom Penh
- Duration of Program
- 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact the Organization
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 20 Years +
- Project Review
Support communities who have environmental problems or educate the local population. Rise awareness. Help with investigation and monitoring on environment violation. Protect the rights of the fishers and farmers. You will come directly in contact with the target groups, your NGO works for.The volunteer will share the experience with the staff and villagers. Volunteers will help to organize public trainings and forums or even help to fiend new sponsors.Depending on the placement you may have the change in assisting in arranging public forums/workshops/trainings throughout Cambodia, where the NGO educates participants and initiates discussion.
- Major Responsibilities
- Community Eco-tourism.
- Natural Resource Management.
- Report Writing on Research and providing ideas for improvement.
- Professional Needs and Problems Analyses of communities.
- Impact of Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Providing training material.
- Environmental Advocacy or media Projects.
- Community Forest Project.
- Green Garden Projects.
- Natural Resource Management.
- Community Forest Protection.
- Buddhism & Environment.
Volunteers in Cambodia to work with our partners in order to assist the work in different fields such as:
- Cost/Program Fee
- Euro 770 (3 Weeks) and Euro 1911 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Airport pick-up and transport to your accommodation.
- 2 days introduction as described.
- 3 meals a day during your entire stay.
- Accommodation as described.
- 2 bottles of mineral water per day.
- Pre-departure handbook.
- Help from coordinator and emergency support.
- Airfare to and from Cambodia
- Compulsory insurance.
- Tours organised by our local partner during your stay, like Khmer Rouge Trial or boat tours.
- Any entrance fee during sightseeing and travelling.
- Transport from and to accommodation during volunteering (cost $3-$4/day)
- Gifts to host family.
- Laundry, telephone, pocket money.
- Visa fee.
- Skills/ Qualifications
The volunteers should have some experience from university or work and good English skills.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Food: A mix of many influences, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Malaysian and French. The basic food is rice, together with meat, fish, eggs or vegetables. Noodle soups or fried noodles are also common. The food is often spicy, but not as hot as Thai food. Baguettes available all over Cambodia, a relic from French colonial times, and exotic fruits.
Accomodation: Accommodation depends on your location. You may stay with a host family or in a Guest House in single or shared room with a fan, shared bathroom with cold water and half board, or in a guest house with similar conditions.
- Application Process
Enrollment procedure: You enrol by sending the enrolment form to email@example.com, in which you inform us about which program you prefer, as well as how long you wish to work.Please add a letter of motivation in English, in which you describe yourself and explain why you wish to work as a volunteer. When we receive your enrolment, we will send a confirmation and a manual.
- Any Missing Important Information
Cancellation: If you cancel your application before receiving information about your host family you will be able to have your deposit refunded less a deduction of 200 € for administration expenses.If your application is cancelled after receiving the address of your host family, your deposit will not be refunded whilst the balance will be refunded in full. Once the language course has commenced, no refunds will be made.
EXIS Aps 's other programs in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Community Development Program in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Children in Schools or Orphanages Volunteering Project
- Phnom Penh: Nurses Needed in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Project on Environmental issues in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Architecture, Social Engineering and Town Planning Volunteering Project in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Health Education Workshop in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Teaching Program for Poor Children in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: Law/ Human rights Volunteer Project in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh: PADV- Women and Children Rights (Domestic Violence) and Defense of Humans right
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM