Welfare School in Nongkhai
- Duration of Program
- 4 to 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact the Organization
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
This school is located in the Nongkhai Province, close to the border of Laos, and the Thai Lao Friendship Bridge over the Mekong, connecting the Nong Khai province and the city of Nong Khai in Thailand with Vientiane in Laos. It is one of the best tourist places and entry to Laos.The school hosts disadvantaged children, orphans and children of poor families. They live in a shelter where they are provided with food, clothes and all other necessities. The age group is from 3 to 6, nursery level and 7 to 15 yrs, primary school level.These children go to a nearby nursery, which is located in a primary school complex, during day time for education and learning.
- Major Responsibilities
Volunteers assist teachers in their work and entertain the children.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Euro 1014 (4 Weeks) and Euro 1530 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Pick up and transport from the airport in Bangkok to the main office.
- One week with language and culture lessons and excursions.
- Food and accommodation during the entire stay.
- Help and guidance from the coordinator during the entire stay.
- Pre departure information handbook.
- Visa fees.
- Any entrance fee during sightseeing and travelling.
- Transport to Chiang Mai or Nongkhai (Train/bus costs ca. 20 Euros).
- Personal expenses i.e. laundry, telephone, souvenirs, internet, etc.
- Transport to and from accommodation and work place. (Costs 1 Euro per day).
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills or qualification are required, except the volunteer needs to be friendly, open, flexible and should have good communication skills.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accomodation: Accommodation will be in a rented house in Nongkhai town, close to the Mekong River, a peaceful and comfortable area. You will have to take a local bus, called Songthyo, to get to work. (Costs approx. 1 Euro per day).
Food: The project cost bears the main meals and for further other additional food the volunteer has to pay through his own pocket.
- Application Process
Enrollment: You enrol by sending the enclosed enrolment form to email@example.com , in which you inform us about which program you prefer, as well as how long you wish to work.Please add a letter of motivation in English, in which you explain why you wish or work as a volunteer and describe yourself. When we receive your enrolment, we will send confirmation and more details.
- Any Missing Important Information
Cancellation: If you cancel your application before receiving information about your host family you will be able to have your deposit refunded less a deduction of 200 € for administration expenses.If your application is cancelled after receiving the address of your host family, your deposit will not be refunded whilst the balance will be refunded in full. Once the language course has commenced, no refunds will be made.
EXIS Aps 's other programs in Thailand
- Bangkok: Child Development Centres Volunteering Program in Thailand
- Nongkhai: Welfare School in Nongkhai
- Chiang Mai and Nong Khai: Volunteer and Teach in Primary School in Thailand
- Chiang Mai and Nong Khai: Volunteer in Child Development Centers in Thailand