- Viet Nam
- Duration of Program
- 2 to 52 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact the Organization
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
The Association of Women of Charity runs several shelters which house about 150 orphans and street children. The shelters are located in different parts of Ho-Chi-Minh-City (Saigon). The children go to school every day but they need extra English classes to help them catch up with “normal” children at school. The chance to improve their English gives them confidence and integrates them better into the community, the first step toward a brighter future.The nuns and the care givers also wish to learn English to help the children and to communicate with international sponsors when they visit the shelters.Volunteers teach English to these disadvantaged children in a classroom setting with focus on communication skills. In most cases, volunteers teach children age 6 to 15 for about 14 to 20 hours a week. Teaching English to these children is a perfect opportunity to practice teaching skills and teamwork.
- Major Responsibilities
Volunteers teach English to these disadvantaged children in a classroom setting with focus on communication skills. In most cases, volunteers teach children age 6 to 15 for about 14 to 20 hours a week. Teaching English to these children is a perfect opportunity to practice teaching skills and teamwork.Volunteers can also support the shelter’s administrative staff or organize extracurricular and creative activities such as games, drawing, and singing for the children.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Euro 957 (1 Week) and Euro 1690 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Airport pick-up from Hanoi or Ho-Chi-Minh-City and transportation to the guesthouse
- 1 to 5 days language and cultural orientation (duration and content of the on-arrival orientation depend on the number of volunteer weeks)
- Dormitory style accommodation at the guesthouse, triple/quadruple bedroom, shared bathroom
- Free use of internet at the guesthouse (limited access due to power shortage or great demand)
- Three Vietnamese meals a day for the whole programme period
- Counseling and support during your entire stay
- Free bus ticket if project site is far from guesthouse/host family.
- Travel to and from Vietnam,
- Visa fees,
- Personal expenses,
- Pocket money,
- Airport transfer after the programme,
- Costs for extra activities,
- Surcharge for host family accommodation,
- Skills/ Qualifications
There are no local teachers in the shelters to assist the volunteers. Therefore, volunteers must be proactive.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Food: The project cost bears the main meals and for further other additional food the volunteer has to pay through his own pocket.
Accommodation: The EXIS manages the entire accommodation and supervision during the project period. The volunteer will be entitled to a room in host family/hostel/hotel with normal standards depending upon the project and it location.
- Application Process
Enrollment: You enrol by sending the enclosed enrolment form to firstname.lastname@example.org , in which you inform us about which program you prefer, as well as how long you wish to work.Please add a letter of motivation in English, in which you explain why you wish or work as a volunteer and describe yourself. When we receive your enrolment, we will send confirmation and more details.
- Any Missing Important Information
Cancellation: If you cancel your application before receiving information about your host family you will be able to have your deposit refunded less a deduction of 200 € for administration expenses.If your application is cancelled after receiving the address of your host family, your deposit will not be refunded whilst the balance will be refunded in full. Once the language course has commenced, no refunds will be made.
EXIS Aps 's other programs in Viet Nam
- Hanoi: National Economic University in Hanoi
- Hanoi and Ho-Chi-Minh-City: Work with Local NGOs for Development in Vie Nam
- Saigon: Thi Nghe Orphanage for Disabled Children in Vietnam
- Thanh Xuan Peace Village: Volunteer Program in Thanh Xuan Peace Village
- Hanoi: Youth & Community Development Projects in Hanoi
- Hanoi: Reach Serves as the Perfect Platform for Youth Empowerment
- Ho-Chi-Minh-City: Volunteer in Association of Women of Charity,Vietnam
- Ha Tay province: Volunteer in Vietnam with Friendship Village Project
- Hanoi and Ho-Chi-Minh-City: Social Welfare Projects in Vietnam
- Hanoi and Ho-Chi-Minh-City: Educating the Underprivileged Children of Vietnam
- Hanoi: Be a Part of the Morning Star Centre,Vietnam
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM