- Duration of Program
- 3 to 12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact the Organization
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
The kindergartens are located in Atakpamé. Parents bring their children in the morning before they go to work and pick them up again in the afternoon. Since most families only speak local languages the kindergarten is the first place where children learn some French before they go to school. Therefore, teaching some basic French words, numbers and letters belongs to the volunteers’ activities. Furthermore, volunteers are expected to play, sing, paint and dance with the children. The staff will also be happy when volunteers are creative and develop their own activities for the children.Since education is one of the primarily tasks of a kindergarten, education material like pencils, pens, colored marking pens or art pencils, storybooks, notebooks, educational games, etc. are very welcome.
- Major Responsibilities
The volunteers’ activities includes teaching some basic French words, numbers and letters.Furthermore,volunteers are expected to play, sing, paint and dance with the children.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Euro 838 (3 Weeks) and Euro 1472 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Airport pick-up at Lomé Airport and transportation to Atakpamé, Sokodé or Kara.
- Accommodation with carefully chosen, friendly host family (single room, shared bathroom and toilet) or at project site.
- 3 local meals a day, 7 days a week.
- French lessons, 10 hours a week in the afternoons during volunteer work period.
- Two weeks regional language lessons, 5 hours per week, during volunteer work. If you do not need to take French lessons you follow 10 hrs. per week regional language lessons.
- Supervision and support by local staff.
- Pre-departure booklet in English.
- Visa fees.
- Fees for vaccination.
- Pocket money.
- Skills/ Qualifications
Besides an average knowledge of French there are no specific qualifications needed to volunteer in a kindergarten. However, volunteers should be flexible, pro active and patient and should bring passion and love for the children.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation: Most projects are in or around the city of Atakpamé where our partner organization is located. In most cases you will be accommodated with a friendly and carefully chosen Togolese family.You will have your own bedroom and share bathroom/showers and toilets (Togolese style mainly). Orphanage projects are residential projects,i.e. you have your room in the project. Normally, you will also get your own room here but in some cases you are supposed to share a room with another volunteer.
Food: Your host family will provide 3 local meals a day, 7 days a week.
- Application Process
Enrollment procedure: You enrol by e-mailing the enrolment form to email@example.com.Please mark your work priorities on the enrolment form.The local coordinator will do his best to respect your first priority, but we cannot guarantee that you will get your wish fulfilled. Volunteers should be open to other possibilities in case some projects are not available.
- Any Missing Important Information
Cancellation: If you cancel your application before receiving information about your host family you will be able to have your deposit refunded less a deduction of 200 € for administration expenses.If your application is cancelled after receiving the address of your host family, your deposit will not be refunded whilst the balance will be refunded in full. Once the language course has commenced, no refunds will be made.
EXIS Aps 's other programs in Togo
- Atakpamé : Assist the Teachers in Teaching Program in Togo
- Various Location: Work in Kindergartens of Togo
- Atakpamé : Assist the Orphanage Campaign in Togo
- Atakpamé : Volunteers at hospitals in Atakpamé
- Various Locations: Volunteer in a Hospital of Togo
- Various Locations: Volunteer in Teaching Program in Togo
- Atakpamé : Work in Kindergartens of Atakpamé
- Various Locations: Work in an Orphanage in Togo
- Sokodé: Volunteer Vivenda Deaf School,Togo
- Various Location: Volunteer in Vivenda Deaf School of Togo
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM