- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- 3-12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
This volunteer program gives the volunteer an opportunity to serve the local people of Togo.Though HIV/AIDS in Togo is not such a thread like in many other African countries the number of orphans caused by HIV/AIDS remains high. Volunteer will responsible in bringing smile to the face of the orphaned and destitute children who have suffer the consequence of being poor.
- Major Responsibilities
The orphanages are located in Atakpamé. Volunteers assist the staff in all activities at the orphanage. During the morning, the older children go to school. So, volunteers take care of the younger ones, help them to dress and with breakfast and play or sing or dance with them. In the afternoon when the older children return from school, volunteers help them with their homework and play games or sports. Besides these child-related activities volunteers are expected to assist the staff in all other activities to run the orphanage including cleaning up the rooms or preparing meals for the children.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Euros 1180 (3 Weeks) and Eurp 1714 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Airport pick-up at Lomé Airport and transportation to Atakpamé, Sokodé or Kara.
- Accommodation with carefully chosen, friendly host family (single room, shared bathroom and toilet) or at project site.
- 3 local meals a day, 7 days a week.
- French lessons, 10 hours a week in the afternoons during volunteer work period.
- Two weeks regional language lessons, 5 hours per week, during volunteer work. If you do not need to take French lessons you follow 10 hrs. per week regional language lessons.
- Supervision and support by local staff.
- Pre-departure booklet in English.
- Visa fees.
- Fees for vaccination.
- Pocket money.
Included in the fee:
Not included in the fee:
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills required but the volunteer should be flexible helpful and eager to learn new culture.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation and Food: Most projects are in or around the city of Atakpamé where our partner organization is located. In most cases you will be accommodated with a friendly and carefully chosen Togolese family.
You will have your own bedroom and share bathroom/showers and toilets (Togolese style mainly). Orphanage projects are residential projects, i. e. you have your room in the project. Normally, you will also get your own room here but in some cases you are supposed to share a room with another volunteer.
- Application Process
Application Process: Please click on the given link to fill the application form at http://www.exis.dk/tilmelding/tilmelding_togo.html
- Any Missing Important Information
Visa Requirements for EU Citizens: Visitors from non-Schengen countries are required to have three passport photos and require proof of yellow fever vaccination (see also Vaccination). Proof of a return or onward ticket is necessary; otherwise a refundable deposit to the amount of the normal return airfare must be paid to a bank or the transporting airline. Visitors must also hold all documentation for the next destination if continuing from Togo.
Note: Passport and visa requirements are liable to change at short notice. Travellers are advised to check their entry requirements with their embassy or consulate. The visa will normally be issued for a period of 3 months. Apply only for a tourist visa. For longer stays the visa can be extended for another 3 months by leaving the country, a visit to nearby Ghana, and entering again after some days.
You can find the nearest Togolese embassy here: http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/Togo/togo.htm
EXIS Aps 's other programs in Togo
- Various Locations: Volunteer in a Hospital of Togo
- Various Location: Work in Kindergartens of Togo
- Various Locations: Volunteer in Teaching Program in Togo
- Various Locations: Work in an Orphanage in Togo
- Atakpamé : Volunteers at hospitals in Atakpamé
- Sokodé: Volunteer Vivenda Deaf School,Togo
- Atakpamé : Assist the Teachers in Teaching Program in Togo
- Various Location: Volunteer in Vivenda Deaf School of Togo
- Atakpamé : Work in Kindergartens of Atakpamé
- Atakpamé : Assist the Orphanage Campaign in Togo
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM