- Kampala, Jinja and Iganga
- Duration of Program
- 2 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- 1 and 3 Monday of every Month
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Travel to Uganda and experience not only national parks abundant with wildlife but work to improve the lives of ordinary Ugandan. Uganda is still trying to come out of the shadows of brutal dictator that destroyed much of the land. The country is peaceful now and progressing well but poverty permeates every inch of Uganda . Our Mini Venture Uganda is a unique program that allows volunteers to contribute in Uganda 's development and see the beauty that this land holds. Don't miss out on this truly wonderful opportunity.
- Cost/Program Fee
- US $1252 (2 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Foods/Meals as per itinerary
- Services of a professional safari guide
- All wildlife reserve entry fees and camping fees
- Comprehensive insurance
- Domestic, in-park transportation in a modified 4-wheel-drive vehicle
- including a releasable roof hatch for documenting the experience
- Airport Drop-off
- Tips (for safari guide and/or camp staff)
- Other items of personal consumption (i.e. soft drink, bottled water, etc.)
Program Fee Covers:
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Global Crossroad manages your entire supervision and accommodation during the project period.
Accommodation and meals: Home base / local food three (3) times a day
- Application Process
Global Crossroad follows 6 steps in completing your application process:
- Step 1 >> If Global Crossroad receives any of your questions by e-mail, we reply with answers. A formal application may be attached, or you may either download an application from our website or apply directly online
- Step 2 >> Complete the application form and submit it with your non-refundable $200 program deposit (check/money order/credit card in U.S. dollars). The program deposit is later deducted from the total program fee.
- Step 3 >> After receiving your application and the $200 program deposit, we will notify you immediately, and your application will be sent to our in-country coordinator for processing. Please allow our local staff up to 2 weeks. During that time, we will process your application, match your interests, and determine the details of your project, arrangements for room and food, and answer any remaining questions you might have.
- Step 4 >> Once you receive your placement details from Global Crossroad (or confirmation), you should begin preparing for travel by obtaining all necessary documents (passport, visa) and meeting immunization requirements.
- Step 5 >> Purchase your ticket and fax a photocopy of your passport and itinerary to our office. Participants must make a full payment of the program fee at least 1-2 months prior to departure.
- Step 6 >> Our in-country coordinator or representative welcomes you at the airport and your Global Crossroad volunteer adventure begins.
- Any Missing Important Information
- Language & Culture (1 week-optional): $250
- Airport Pick up and Drop off: $75
Airport Recieve and Transfer to HomeBase (49km) and First Night Lodging and Food $75
Global Crossroad 's other programs in Uganda
- Kampala, Jinja and Iganga : Orphange Program in Uganda Starts From US $549
- Uganda: Internship Program in Uganda with Global Crossroad
- Kampala : Summer Escape in Uganda Starts From US $2099
- Kampala, Jinja and Iganga : Healthcare Project in Uganda Starts From US $549
- Kampala, Jinja and Iganga : Mini-Venture Program in Uganda Starts From US $1252
- Kampala, Jinja and Iganga : HIV/AIDS Awareness-Education Program Starts From US $549
- Kampala, Jinja and Iganga : English Teaching Program in Uganda Starts From US $549
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM