- Ao Luk
- Duration of Program
- 2 to 10 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Thailand is a developing country famous for a diverse environment of beautiful beaches, numerous natural resources and stunning natural attractions. Thousands of tourists travel to the country every year making Thailand one of the most popular tourist locations in the world. Despite this fact, most Thai people have limited English speaking skills. By volunteering with local schools you can offer children the opportunity to get first hand native English language assistance to help them learn English, providing them with a valuable opportunity to improve their language skills. Your presence in the classroom helps to fulfil the demand of the community to help school children gain skills that can assist their success in education and personal development.
- Major Responsibilities
By volunteering with local schools you can offer children the opportunity to get first hand native English language assistance to help them learn English, providing them with a valuable opportunity to improve their language skills. Your presence in the classroom helps to fulfil the demand of the community to help school children gain skills that can assist their success in education and personal development.
- Cost/Program Fee
- £595 (2 Weeks) and £1670 (10 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- All food and accommodation (home stay extra)
- Airport transfers
- The training and materials necessary for project activities
- Basic Thai lessons
- 24-hour in-country support and a 24-hour emergency phone line.
- International travel and in-country travel to meeting point in Krabi
- Any trips and travel not already included in the program
What's Not Included:
- Skills/ Qualifications
Though there are no specific qualifications or experience necessary to register for this course, applicants do need to be over 18, have an educational or experience background equivalent to that required to gain entrance into a higher education institution, have an interest in language, and strong verbal and writing skills. Non-native English speakers must have a high proficiency of English language ability in order to meet the project demands effectively. Prior background knowledge in teaching techniques is an advantage, although not essential as there is opportunity to learn, whatever your level. Everyone must be able to work as part of a team and should be very enthusiastic, adventurous, have a good sense of humour and be respectful of the host country's environment and culture.
- Application Process
Application process online, Interested candidate can apply on line through the below given link http://www.gvi.co.uk/contact/contact-us
- Any Missing Important Information
Note: Volunteers should get a return flight to and from Krabi, Thailand (KBV). Alternatively you can fly to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in Bangkok and take a bus (approx 10-12 hours). More detailed information will be provided once your booking is confirmed.
Global Vision International 's other programs in Thailand
- Ao Luk: Join this Short Term Renovation Project as a Volunteer in Thailand
- Ao Luk: Internship to Experience Culture and Tourism
- Krabi: Combine Professional Teaching Courses, Cultural and Adventure Activities
- Mae Chaem District: Working with Indigenous Communities to Help Endangered Species
- Ao Luk: Work with Thai Teachers Assisting with English Language Lessons
- Ao Luk: Assist Short Term Teaching Projects in rural Thai Communities
- Ao Luk: Work to Renovate Community Centre in Thailand
- Krabi: Community English Teaching Programs in Krabi
Global-Vision-International in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM