- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- 8 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Date
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
AABN's of activity covers Marketing & Public Relations, Business Management & Development and Project Management. It has received support from the United Nations Development Programme and the United Nations System Gender Programme for some of its projects.It’s objectives are to promote and develop innovative micro, small and medium scale enterprises in peri urban and rural areas by providing a comprehensive package of advisory support services on capacity building and market access, technology and financing through backward and forward linkages. Target beneficiaries are actors along specific value chains with emphasis on growth-oriented women groups,investors, young graduates and retired professionals.Market Access Programme for selected Non-traditional exports using the concept of Value Chain Analysis and Development.Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Development, Entrepreneurship Development & Management, Business Development Services, and Agribusiness Development.Market Chain Development of Non-traditional Exports (NTEs), Value Chain Management and Organizational Development.
- Major Responsibilities
- To support AABN partners and clients to plan and develop and document processes/models for programmes.
- To develop micro-finance packages and services for AABN Development Partners.
- To explore and facilitate access to micro-finance.
- To assist in fund raising/resources mobilization and strategic partnership.
- Develop proposals for resource mobilization for programme implementation
- Promote participation with stakeholders and relevant organisations and institutions
- Cost/Program Fee
- Pound 1083 for 8 weeks, Pound 92 per week
- What program fee Includes
- Accommodation and a fully furnished kitchen
- Welcome pack
- In-country introduction to life in Ghana.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Live-in Ikando staff support
- 24/7 Emergency support.
- Flights & Visa
- Vaccinations (please speak to your local doctor)
- Insurance, both Medical and Travel (required)
- Donation (as Constructs is a profit making organisation)
What’s not included:
- Skills/ Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- You must be at least 18 years of age upon application.
- You must either have experience working in Development or an educational background in interest in Development.
- Volunteers should have excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team. You should be a creative thinker, willing to offer input on new ideas and concepts which can improve the lives of the rural communities.
- You will need to be flexible and tolerant, show initiative and enthusiasm to face the many hurdles and challenges that you will encounter.
- The roles will be quite hectic with a minimum working day of 8hrs required. All interns/volunteers will be required to act professionally and dress appropriately (jackets will need to be on stand-by)
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation: The volunteer will be housed in our accommodation in the centre of town, with it possible to walk from the accommodation to nearby shops, communication centres, bars and restaurants. The spacious accommodation with a fully furnished kitchen is well maintained and has live-in staff to ensure you are well looked after. The surrounding garden and balconies overlooking Accra are perfect for chill out sessions with fellow volunteer housemates.
Food: Food is not included in our placements as in our experience volunteers prefer to cater for themselves. We have a fully furnished kitchen and our staff will show you where you can do your shopping. Western-style supermarkets and the bustling markets can be found nearby. A weekly vegetable & fruit shop can cost as little at $10, however shopping at the western-style supermarkets can be quite dear as most goods are imported.
- Application Process
The Application Process:
- The Application Form - To apply for one of our positions please complete our online application form. To save us and more importantly our already overstretched partner organisations time, please only complete this form if you are serious about applying.
- The Additional Info Form - As soon as we receive approval for your placement from the partner organisation we will send you an additional form to complete. This form requests information on your emergency contact details, your health background and other important information. Please email this form back to us as soon as possible.
- Secure your Placement - Once we receive your additional information form back we will invoice you for your placement. Your deposit will be due within a week of the date of the invoice. If you are applying less than 60 days before the start of your placement, you will be invoiced for the whole amount. Please be aware that your placement is not secured until you have received confirmation from us of receipt of either the deposit or full payment. Once you have secured your placement you can start booking flights. We recommend you purchase insurance as soon as you secure your placement.
- Speak to your In-Country Coordinator - We will email you a week before your remainder is due. As soon as we receive your remainder we will introduce you to your In-Country Coordinator who will help you prepare for your trip and will ensure that an Ikando member of staff is at the airport to meet you.
- Any Missing Important Information
Important information: We will provide you with a stress-free and in-depth introduction to Ghana by picking you up from the airport and giving you an orientation that helps to settle you into the country as quickly as possible. The Orientation will include showing you the places of interest in Accra, getting your money changed, informing you where you can do your shopping, and much, much more.
Ikando 's other programs in Ghana
- Various Locations: Orphanage Care Assistant in Ghana
- Various Locations: Playtime Coordinator Intern Work at Autism Awareness Care and Training Centre
- Various Locations: Volunteer as a Community Healthcare Education Officer in Ghana
- Various Locations: Volunteer as Carpenter in Ghana
- Various Locations: Assistant Curator Intern Required for Ghana National Museum
- Various Locations : Volunteer Primary School Teacher Needed in Ghana
- Various Locations: Web Designer with the Nubuke Foundation in Ghana
- Various Locations: Journalist and Reporter Intern with The Daily Guide National Newspaper of Ghana
- Various Locations: Volunteer as Office Administrator with Constructs LLC in Ghana
- Various Locations: Skilled Blacksmiths and Welders Needed to Volunteer in Ghana
- Various Locations: Students Interested in Wild Life Conservation Volunteer in Ghana
- Various Locations: Playtime Co-Ordinator at Autism Center in Ghana
- Various Locations: Project Assistant Intern Required for School Links Project of Ghana
- Various Locations: Business Development Researcher Internship Program in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer to Teach New Skills to the Children of Ghana
Ikando in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM