- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- 4 - 26 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Date
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years +
- Project Review
The Nubuke Foundation aims to be synonymous with innovative thinking and cultural enlightenment. Everyone involved with the Foundation is unequivocally passionate about Ghana and its future. The mission of the Foundation is to capture, record and promote Ghanaian history and culture for future generations.The Foundation collects, collates and displays Ghanaian heritage, promotes and helps develop contemporary art and, lastly, leverages Ghanaian history to encourage interest, especially for the benefit of future generations
- Major Responsibilities
The volunteer will be writing about the work of the foundation for their website, catalogues and other promotional material. The volunteer will be exposed to the wide variety of art projects going on within the foundation and will be expected to document these. It is also expected that the volunteer will use editorial skills to give their copy, and that produced by others, maximum impact. This is a great opportunity for individuals interested in the development of Art & Culture in Africa. You will get to meet a wide variety of local and international movers and shakers in the Art world. You will have the opportunity to do meaningful work. You will not be spending your time making coffee and photocopies!
- Cost/Program Fee
- Pound 715 for 4 weeks, Pound 92 per week
- What program fee Includes
- Accommodation and a fully furnished kitchen
- Welcome pack
- In-country introduction to life in Ghana.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Live-in Ikando staff support
- 24/7 Emergency support.
- Flights & Visa
- Vaccinations (please speak to your local doctor)
- Insurance, both Medical and Travel (required)
What’s not included:
- Skills/ Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- You must be at least 18 years of age upon application.
- You must have experience of writing publicity material, be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude
- In order to maintain the sustainability and high performance of this project all interns are required to complete a detailed hand-over document for successive interns .
- You will have confidence in your own abilities, and will be of a creative mindset
- Working times are flexible, although Kofi is hard working and enjoys enthusing others into equally high returns
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation: The volunteer will be housed in our accommodation in the centre of town, with it possible to walk from the accommodation to nearby shops, communication centres, bars and restaurants. The spacious accommodation with a fully furnished kitchen is well maintained and has live-in staff to ensure you are well looked after. The surrounding garden and balconies overlooking Accra are perfect for chill out sessions with fellow volunteer housemates.
Food: Food is not included. They have a fully furnished kitchen and our staff will show you where you can do your shopping. Western-style supermarkets and the bustling markets can be found nearby. A weekly vegetable & fruit shop can cost as little at $10, however shopping at the western-style supermarkets can be quite dear as most goods are imported.
- Application Process
The Application Process:
- The Application Form - To apply for one of our positions please complete our online application form. To save us and more importantly our already overstretched partner organisations time, please only complete this form if you are serious about applying.
- The Additional Info Form - As soon as we receive approval for your placement from the partner organisation we will send you an additional form to complete. This form requests information on your emergency contact details, your health background and other important information. Please email this form back to us as soon as possible.
- Secure your Placement - Once we receive your additional information form back we will invoice you for your placement. Your deposit will be due within a week of the date of the invoice. If you are applying less than 60 days before the start of your placement, you will be invoiced for the whole amount. Please be aware that your placement is not secured until you have received confirmation from us of receipt of either the deposit or full payment. Once you have secured your placement you can start booking flights. We recommend you purchase insurance as soon as you secure your placement.
- Speak to your In-Country Coordinator - We will email you a week before your remainder is due. As soon as we receive your remainder we will introduce you to your In-Country Coordinator who will help you prepare for your trip and will ensure that an Ikando member of staff is at the airport to meet you.
- Any Missing Important Information
Please note, You must obtain a volunteer visa for travel to Ghana. Once you have secured your placement we will send you a letter confirming your placement for your visa application. Your visa must be obtained at least ten days prior to traveling.
Ikando 's other programs in Ghana
- Various Locations: The Student Intern Required in Development in Focus Center of Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer to Teach Skills to the People of Ghana
- Various Locations: Graphic Designer Intership with Advertising and Marketing Group
- Various Locations: Studio Artist Intern Work with The Nubuke Foundation of Ghana
- Various Locations: Develop Short Films and Documentaries in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer Sports Teachers Needed in Ghana
- Various Locations: Intern to Assist with Legal Documentation in Ghana
- Various Locations : Help Develop New Projects for a School in Ghana
- Various Locations: Micro Finance Business Advisor and Development Practitioner Internship Program
- Various Locations: Work as Agribusiness Development Advisor in Ghana
- Various Locations: Waste Management Specialist needed in Ghana
- Various Locations: Volunteer as Advertising Agent in Ghana
- Various Locations: Volunteer in Marketing Assistance Program in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer as Youth Enterprises and Development Officer in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer in Micro-Finance in Ghana
Ikando in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM