- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- Minimum Duration 2 weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18+ Years
- Project Review
The Friends for Orphan Education Society is looking for an assistant supervisor to oversee and coordinate the staff's daily duties. You will also be required to draft reports and help with administration.
- Major Responsibilities
- Preparing an itinerary for the week and ensuring it is adhered to.
- Frequently consulting with other staff members to determine their needs and suggestions.
- Assisting the director with fundraising, budgeting and planning.
- Supervising teaching staff, ensuring that attendance procedures are followed.
- Organizing after school activities.
The role will include some or all of the following:
- Cost/Program Fee
- ? 372 for 2 weeks, ?65 per week thereafter
- What program fee Includes
- Accommodation and a fully furnished kitchen
- Welcome pack
- In-country introduction to life in Ghana.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Live-in Ikando staff support
- 24/7 Emergency support.
- $100 Donation to the organisation
- Flights & Visa
- Vaccinations (please speak to your local doctor)
- Insurance, both Medical and Travel (required)
What’s included in the project fees?
What’s not included?
- Skills/ Qualifications
Volunteers must have a strong commitment to helping disadvantaged children. You will need to be flexible and tolerant, show initiative and enthusiasm to face the many hurdles and challenges that you will encounter. You will have to be able to cope with simple working conditions and be able to work with little resources. This post does not require a high level of experience but commitment and enthusiasm is essential. Volunteers applying to this should be aware that it is set in very rural settings and that both the school and orphanage, like most organisations in Ghana are Christian.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
The individual will be living near the Orphanage and School in basic accommodation. The volunteers will have access to a bathroom but should be aware the facilities due to location will be basic.
- Application Process
The Application Process
- The Application Form - To apply for one of our positions please complete our online application form. To save us and more importantly our already overstretched partner organisations time, please only complete this form if you are serious about applying.
- The Additional Info Form - As soon as we receive approval for your placement from the partner organisation we will send you an additional form to complete. This form requests information on your emergency contact details, your health background and other important information. Please email this form back to us as soon as possible.
- Secure your Placement - Once we receive your additional information form back we will invoice you for your placement. Your deposit will be due within a week of the date of the invoice. If you are applying less than 60 days before the start of your placement, you will be invoiced for the whole amount. Please be aware that your placement is not secured until you have received confirmation from us of receipt of either the deposit or full payment. Once you have secured your placement you can start booking flights. We recommend you purchase insurance as soon as you secure your placement.
- Speak to your In-Country Coordinator - We will email you a week before your remainder is due. As soon as we receive your remainder we will introduce you to your In-Country Coordinator who will help you prepare for your trip and will ensure that an Ikando member of staff is at the airport to meet you.
- Any Missing Important Information
- A completed application form - required for application.
- A personal or professional reference given by an employer, teacher, lawyer or doctor. This reference must include detail of the context in which the referee knows you and stating that he/she knows of no reason why you should not volunteer. The referee should also provide their contact details in order that Ikando can contact them prior to your departure to confirm the reference given. This reference should be emailed by the referee to info [at] ikando.org. References cannot be family memebers
- A copy by email to info [at] ikando.org of your travel (including medical) insurance certificates.
- Information on your travel arrangements (flight number, airline, arrival and departure time and dates). We always recommend volunteers who book online to email us their booking.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport to be emailed to info [at] ikando.org.
- All Documentation must be sent to us at least two weeks before arrival.
Ikando 's other programs in Ghana
- Various Locations: Develop Short Films and Documentaries in Ghana
- Various Locations: Health Care Volunteers Needed in Ghana
- Various Locations: Volunteer as Advertising Agent in Ghana
- Various Locations: Cataloguer Internship Program in The National Museum of Ghana
- Various Locations: Development Project Assistant Intern Needed in Development in Focus Center
- Various Locations: Photographer Intern with The Daily Guide National Newspaper of Ghana
- Various Locations: DIY Volunteer with Ikando in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer to Help in Health Education Project in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer as Conservation Officer in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer as Editor in Ghana
- Various Locations: Search Engine Optimization Consultant Wanted in Ghana
- Various Locations: Sports Coach Intern Required in Voluntary Aid and Cultural Integration Institute
- Various Locations: Project and Exhibition Coordinator Intern Required in Ghana Planetarium Project
- Various Locations: Sales and Advertising Assistant at The Advertising and Marketing Group
- Various Locations: Volunteer as Women Enterprises Development Researcher in Ghana
Ikando in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM