- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- Minimum Duration 4 weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Life Bridge is looking for a volunteer to help them with their fundraising. They require the potential volunteer to develop a sustainable and long-term fundraising initiative.
- Major Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and establish policies and objectives of fundraising in accordance with objectives of organisation.
- Compile and analyse information about potential contributors to develop mailing or contact list.
- Contact and visit potential contributors and persuades them to contribute funds or gifts-in-kind by explaining purpose and benefits of the fund-raising programme.
- Work closely with and train Life Bridge staff to ensure sustainability of the fundraising programme.
Record expenses incurred and contributions received.
- Plan social functions to raise funds.
- Prepare information brochures for potential donors.
- Identify and forge strategic alliances with donors and collaborators for books and toy grants.
- Identify and attract investors to invest in the educational systems.
Major job responsibilties of volunteers:
- Cost/Program Fee
- Pounds 715 for 4 weeks, Pounds 92 per week thereafter
- What program fee Includes
- Accommodation and a fully furnished kitchen
- Welcome pack
- In-country introduction to life in Ghana.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Live-in Ikando staff support
- 24/7 Emergency support.
- Flights & Visa
- Vaccinations (please speak to your local doctor)
- Insurance, both Medical and Travel (required)
- Donation (as Shawbell is a profit making organisation).
What’s included in the project fees?
What’s not included?
- Skills/ Qualifications
Skills or Qualifications:
- You must be at least 18 years of age upon application.
- The volunteer will need to be very outgoing, patient and sociable.
- In order to maintain the sustainability and high performance of this project all interns are required to complete a detailed hand-over document for successive interns.
- You will have to be able to cope with simple working conditions and be able to work with little resources.
- The ideal candidates will get actively involved with all aspects of the club. They must be of an outgoing, lively nature and not mind noisy kids!
- This post does not require a high level of experience but commitment and enthusiasm is essential
- Arrangements for Room/Food
The volunteer will be housed in our accommodation in the centre of town, with it possible to walk from the accommodation to nearby shops, communication centres, bars and restaurants. The spacious accommodation with a fully furnished kitchen is well maintained and has live-in staff to ensure you are well looked after. The surrounding garden and balconies overlooking Accra are perfect for chill out sessions with fellow volunteer housemates.
Food is not included in our placements as in our experience volunteers prefer to cater for themselves. We have a fully furnished kitchen and our staff will show you where you can do your shopping. Western-style supermarkets and the bustling markets can be found nearby. A weekly vegetable & fruit shop can cost as little at $10, however shopping at the western-style supermarkets can be quite dear as most goods are imported.
- Application Process
The Application Process
- The Application Form - To apply for one of our positions please complete our online application form. To save us and more importantly our already overstretched partner organisations time, please only complete this form if you are serious about applying.
- The Additional Info Form - As soon as we receive approval for your placement from the partner organisation we will send you an additional form to complete. This form requests information on your emergency contact details, your health background and other important information. Please email this form back to us as soon as possible.
- Secure your Placement - Once we receive your additional information form back we will invoice you for your placement. Your deposit will be due within a week of the date of the invoice. If you are applying less than 60 days before the start of your placement, you will be invoiced for the whole amount. Please be aware that your placement is not secured until you have received confirmation from us of receipt of either the deposit or full payment. Once you have secured your placement you can start booking flights. We recommend you purchase insurance as soon as you secure your placement.
- Speak to your In-Country Coordinator - We will email you a week before your remainder is due. As soon as we receive your remainder we will introduce you to your In-Country Coordinator who will help you prepare for your trip and will ensure that an Ikando member of staff is at the airport to meet you.
- Any Missing Important Information
Health and Safety
Ghana is one of the safest countries in Africa. In the Global Peace Index it is ranked above the US. It is the perfect introduction for first time volunteers to Africa. It has a democratic electoral process and a stable economy. Our ten-strong team in Ghana is there to ensure your health and safety at all times and you'll have emergency support 24/7.
You must obtain a volunteer visa for travel to Ghana. Once you have secured your placement we will send you a letter confirming your placement for your visa application. Your visa must be obtained at least ten days prior to traveling.
Ikando 's other programs in Ghana
- Various Locations: Project and Exhibition Coordinator Intern Required in Ghana Planetarium Project
- Various Locations : Architecture Student Volunteer in Ghana
- Various Locations: Project and Exhibition Coordinator in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer to Teach New Skills to the Children of Ghana
- Various Locations : Web & Graphic Designer with Constructs LLC in Ghana
- Various Locations: Work as Business Development Coordinator in Ghana
- Various Locations: Software Developers Volunteer in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer as av Assistant Consultant in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer as a HIV/AIDS Counselor in Ghana
- Various Locations : Teaching Assistance Program in Ghana
- Various Locations : Volunteer in Micro-Finance in Ghana
- Various Locations: Architecture Student Intern with Constructs LLC at Ghana
- Various Locations : Help Develop New Projects for a School in Ghana
- Various Locations: Office Administrator Intern Work with The Nature Project of Ghana
- Various Locations: Playtime Co-Ordinator at Autism Center in Ghana
Ikando in Other Countries
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM