- New Delhi
- Duration of Program
- 2 to 8 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Contact Organisation
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 17 Years +
- Project Review
Vision of Udyogini: To fully equip poor rural women with the skills and knowledge to increase and sustain their earning power. Udyogini aspires to become a nationally and internationally recognized agency specializing in business development services for NGOs and poor women.
About Udyogini: Udyogini - means woman entrepreneur. Udyogini, the organization, works with poor women to improve their skills as producers and their knowledge of the markets they operate in, so as to ensure long-term returns. In rural India women provide for their families' basic needs by contributing to farm labour and by subsistence level income generation. These income generating activities are as varied as running a rice dehusking unit; operating an oil press; collecting, selling and processing minor forest produce; embroidering on textiles and leather; and, making baskets from local varieties of grass. Udyogini is involved in facilitating the learning of basic management skills that are required for running such microenterprises -- skills needed not only to manage their production but also to market their products and ensure better returns.
- Major Responsibilities
- business development
- micro-credit / micro-lending
- financial analysis
Udyogini welcomes volunteers with experience in the following areas:
- Cost/Program Fee
- USD 1430 (2 Weeks) and USD 2270 (8 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Personalized placement
- Travel preparation and cultural orientation
- Meals and accommodations
- Escorted ground transportation to and from the airport
- Escorted ground transportation to and from one village placement
- Care and supervision by a Village Volunteers partner organization
- Post-program assistance
- Financial support for projects in villages
- Excursions and tourist activities
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel health insurance
What is Included?
What's not Included?
- Skills/ Qualifications
Regardless of your skill level, your contributions in a village are appreciated. Come with an open mind and heart, ready to learn and pitch in where needed.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodation and meals are provided. For details contact the organisation.
- Application Process
Application process online. To apply please click on the link http://www.villagevolunteers.org/volunteer/vol_app_steps.php
- Any Missing Important Information
Visa: You must have a visa to enter India. You can obtain a visa application via the India embassy or consulate office in your home country. For US citizens, visa applications are available via the Embassy of India website. Prior to submitting your application, it is strongly advised that you contact the embassy or consulate office to confirm the current application processing times so you can determine whether you need to use an expedite service.
Village Volunteers 's other programs in India
- Various Locations : Help In a Healthcare Program in India
- Various Locations : Educate Children for Better Future in India
- Various Locations : Provide Computer Training to the Children of India
- New Delhi : Volunteer in Empowerment of Rural Women Project in India
- Various Locations: Provide Shelter to the Children of India
- Various Locations: Provide Education to Underprivileged Children of India
- Various Locations : Work in Different Programs in India
- Kolkata: Empowerment of Women and Children Volunteer Project in India
- Mayapur : Volunteer to Educate and Empower the Rural Women and Children in India
- Various Locations : Child Care Assistance Program in India
- Karnataka: Rural Development Volunteer Project in India
- Various Locations: HIV/AIDS Awareness Program in India
- Various Locations : Help Abused Women of India