- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- MIN: 2 weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Mama Maria Kenya is dedicated to providing the citizens in and around Muhuru Bay, and ultimately, other parts of rural Africa, self-sustainable health care and community development by providing low-cost medicine and projects designed to aid the disadvantaged and needy.
Daily operations at the Mama Maria Clinic and Mama Maria programs are run by those who themselves stand in need. Widows with little to no opportunity for income are trained in running different aspects of Mama Maria. Working beyond clan and common tribal trappings, Mama Maria is dedicated to providing opportunity to all who stand in need, regardless of station, affiliation, or status, within the entire community.
The founder of Mama Maria, Peter Kithene, is himself an orphan from the small village of Muhuru Bay, Kenya. It is due to his own life experiences that Peter created Mama Maria—a full service program which trains, employs, and aids the disenfranchised of rural African villages through feeding programs, educational forums, scholarships for the handicapped, and above all, full service health care.
It is Peter’s own success story that fuels his passion for Mama Maria. The growth and success of his endeavor, however, continues … through you. Volunteer support is the lifeblood of this great work, and we encourage you to visit Mama Maria Kenya to lend a hand.
- Major Responsibilities
- helping doctors
- dressing wounds
- taking care of the patients
- help as the time requires
Major job responsibilities of volunteers:
- Cost/Program Fee
- Contact the organization for cost details
- What program fee Includes
Contact the organization for details at email@example.com
- Skills/ Qualifications
Regardless of your skill level, your participation in a village program will have a meaningful impact. Your very presence is treasured and valued. When you arrive in the village, the director or volunteer coordinator will work with you to identify appropriate volunteer activities. Also, some possible volunteer projects can be found in the Sustainable Village Library.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Volunteers will stay with the families and 3 meals a day are served.
- Application Process
Application Process: Please click on the link to fill out the application form.
- Any Missing Important Information
- A cancellation charge of 100% of the program fee will be assessed for a cancellation (or changing to a program of shorter duration) made 21 days or less prior to the start of a Volunteer Program.
- A cancellation charge of 50% of the Volunteer Program fee will be assessed for cancellations made 22 to 30 days prior to the start of a Volunteer Program.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 days of Village Volunteers' receipt of the refund request.
- Participants who depart a Volunteer Program early forfeit the program fee for the time not spent in the Volunteer Program.
Village Volunteers 's other programs in Kenya
- Bondo District : Empowerment of the Barchando Community Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Kitale : Reduction of Poverty, Conservation and Community Development Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Various Locations: Child Care Assistance Program in Kenya
- Dago Village : Volunteer Project at Dago Dala Hera Orphanage in Kenya
- Various Locations : Volunteer in HIV/AIDS and Poverty Eradication Program in Kenya
- Various Locations: Educate Children for Better Future in Kenya
- Near Kitale: Volunteer at Hospital & Community Outreach Clinics in Slums, Refugee Camps and Villages in Kenya
- Various Locations: Education for Leadership and Network Development in Kenya
- Various Locations: Community Development Program in Kenya
- Transmara: Welfare and Empowerment of the Marginalized Community in Kenya
- Various Locations: Empowering Girls and Young Women Through Education in Kenya
- Various Locations: Health Care and Community Development Program in Kenya
- Various Locations: Volunteer at an Orphanage in Kenya
- Kunya Village: Empowering Girls and Young Women Through Education Volunteer Program in Kenya
- Kimuka: Education for the Underpriviliged Volunteer Project in Kenya
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM