- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- MIN: 2 weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
Namunyak Maasai Welfare's goal is to bring a positive difference to the indigenous Maasai community and their neighbors, on orphans care; education; economic empowerment; natural resource management; and poverty alleviation through sustainable development, micro-credit enterprises and local capacity building.
By focusing on the empowerment of the most disenfranchised members of society, NMW helps to break the cycle of despair and hopelessness common among the rural poor, and offers solutions to poverty and isolation through a focus on self-empowerment and interdependence.
- Major Responsibilities
- Public health information
- Organic farming training
To empower indigenous Maasai communities and their neighbors by providing a positive, local, and self-sufficient model of sustainability, economic opportunity, and a strong sense of community.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Contact the organization for cost details
- What program fee Includes
Contact the organization for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skills/ Qualifications
Regardless of your skill level, your participation in a village program will have a meaningful impact. Your very presence is treasured and valued. When you arrive in the village, the director or volunteer coordinator will work with you to identify appropriate volunteer activities. Also, some possible volunteer projects can be found in the Sustainable Village Library.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Volunteers will stay with host families and 3 meals a day are served.
- Application Process
Application Process: Please click on the link to fill out the application form.
- Any Missing Important Information
- A cancellation charge of 100% of the program fee will be assessed for a cancellation (or changing to a program of shorter duration) made 21 days or less prior to the start of a Volunteer Program.
- A cancellation charge of 50% of the Volunteer Program fee will be assessed for cancellations made 22 to 30 days prior to the start of a Volunteer Program.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 days of Village Volunteers' receipt of the refund request.
- Participants who depart a Volunteer Program early forfeit the program fee for the time not spent in the Volunteer Program.
Village Volunteers 's other programs in Kenya
- Bondo District : Empowerment of the Barchando Community Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Various Locations: Volunteer at an Orphanage in Kenya
- Various Locations: Education for Leadership and Network Development in Kenya
- Kunya Village: Empowering Girls and Young Women Through Education Volunteer Program in Kenya
- Various Locations: Educate Children for Better Future in Kenya
- Dago Village : Volunteer Project at Dago Dala Hera Orphanage in Kenya
- Kitale : Reduction of Poverty, Conservation and Community Development Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Various Locations: Child Care Assistance Program in Kenya
- Kimuka: Education for the Underpriviliged Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Near Kitale: Volunteer at Hospital & Community Outreach Clinics in Slums, Refugee Camps and Villages in Kenya
- Various Locations : Volunteer in HIV/AIDS and Poverty Eradication Program in Kenya
- Various Locations: Empowering Girls and Young Women Through Education in Kenya
- Muhuru Bay: Health Care and Community Development Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Various Locations: Health Care and Community Development Program in Kenya
- Transmara: Welfare and Empowerment of the Marginalized Community in Kenya
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM