- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- MIN: 2 weeks
- Dates of Program
- Flexible Dates
- Both (group and independent)
- Age Restrictions
- 18 Years+
- Project Review
In her outreach work, Sr. Freda saw an alarming amount of malnutrition and disease caused by poor diet, especially among children. Since 2004, Sr. Freda has offered a Nursery School / Feeding Program. The nursery school has three classrooms, and the children are separated into three groups according to their ability. The children are from nearby villages and their parents are very poor, they have only one parent, or they are destitute and living with relations.
As of April 2008, the Nursery School / Feeding Program had an attendance of 90 - 100 children daily, Monday thru Saturday. On Saturdays, the children are also given extra rations so they can have a good lunch on Sunday. Most of the children are between the ages of 3 and 6.
Sr. Freda also runs a small orphanage which houses five children, between the ages of 2 and 5, who are dependent on the hospital and donations for support. With increased support, Sr. Freda hopes to expand the orphanage and offer care for more children.
- Major Responsibilities
To promote and participate in the provision of integrated, high quality, preventative, curative and rehabilitative health care service for all Kenyans.
- Cost/Program Fee
- Contact the organization for cost details
- What program fee Includes
Contact the organization for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skills/ Qualifications
Regardless of your skill level, your participation in a village program will have a meaningful impact. Your very presence is treasured and valued. When you arrive in the village, the director or volunteer coordinator will work with you to identify appropriate volunteer activities. Also, some possible volunteer projects can be found in the Sustainable Village Library.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Volunteers will stay with the host families and 3 meals a day is served.
- Application Process
Application Process: Please click on the link to fill out the application form.
- Any Missing Important Information
- A cancellation charge of 100% of the program fee will be assessed for a cancellation (or changing to a program of shorter duration) made 21 days or less prior to the start of a Volunteer Program.
- A cancellation charge of 50% of the Volunteer Program fee will be assessed for cancellations made 22 to 30 days prior to the start of a Volunteer Program.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 days of Village Volunteers' receipt of the refund request.
- Participants who depart a Volunteer Program early forfeit the program fee for the time not spent in the Volunteer Program.
Village Volunteers 's other programs in Kenya
- Kunya Village: Empowering Girls and Young Women Through Education Volunteer Program in Kenya
- Various Locations: Empowering Girls and Young Women Through Education in Kenya
- Kimuka: Education for the Underpriviliged Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Various Locations: Education for Leadership and Network Development in Kenya
- Various Locations: Volunteer at an Orphanage in Kenya
- Various Locations: Health Care and Community Development Program in Kenya
- Dago Village : Volunteer Project at Dago Dala Hera Orphanage in Kenya
- Transmara: Welfare and Empowerment of the Marginalized Community in Kenya
- Various Locations: Community Development Program in Kenya
- Muhuru Bay: Health Care and Community Development Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Various Locations: Educate Children for Better Future in Kenya
- Various Locations: Child Care Assistance Program in Kenya
- Bondo District : Empowerment of the Barchando Community Volunteer Project in Kenya
- Near Kitale: Volunteer at Hospital & Community Outreach Clinics in Slums, Refugee Camps and Villages in Kenya
- Various Locations : Volunteer in HIV/AIDS and Poverty Eradication Program in Kenya
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM