Work in Teaching Children Program in Brazil
- Various Locations
- Duration of Program
- 2-12 Weeks
- Dates of Program
- Monday of each Week
- Age Restrictions
- 18+ Years
- Project Review
Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America and the 5th largest country in the world. Brazil is so large that it borders all other South American countries except for Chile and Ecuador. This tropical land is not only known for its size but its ecological treasures with a large Atlantic coast, a mountain range, and the Amazon river basin and rainforest. Despite its amazing beauty there is a great need for humanitarian aid in Brazil. With around 186 million citizens, 40 million live below the poverty level, a staggering number mostly due to social injustice and a struggling economy. World Endeavors offers an amazing opportunity to help Brazil and its people at the grassroots level. Choose from teaching, orphanage, environmental conservation, wildlife conservation, health education, and community development projects.
- Major Responsibilities
Volunteers help shape young lives in Brazil by sharing their English skills and teaching talents. Volunteers act as classroom assistants, aiding Brazilian English teachers and providing tutoring help to students who require it. Volunteers can also get involved with the children through extra-curricular activities, such as sports, theater, and the arts. Volunteers will have the opportunity to improve their teaching skills as well as get a feel for what teaching ESL is like. For many impoverished children, English skills play an essential part in moving up the socio-economic ladder.
- Cost/Program Fee
- USD $1,308 (2 Weeks) and USD $2,836 (12 Weeks)
- What program fee Includes
- Home stay accommodations
- 2 meals per day
- On-site orientation
- Travel medical insurance
- Cell phone rental
- Pre-departure handbook and pre-trip guidance
- English speaking representative in-country for your assistance
- 1 week Portuguese language training for programs 4 weeks and longer
- Volunteer placement
- 24/7 emergency phone support
- Round-trip transportation to Brazil
- Additional meals
- Visa expenses
- Optional trips and excursions
- Personal expenses
- Daily transportation costs
- Skills/ Qualifications
No specific skills are required but the volunteer should be helpful, flexible and eager to learn new culture.
- Arrangements for Room/Food
Accommodations: Home stays with Brazilian host families. In more remote placements, alternative accommodations may be provided.
Food: Traditional Brazilian food is included (breakfast and dinner).
- Application Process
Application Process: Click on the link below to apply.
- Any Missing Important Information
Programs generally start on Monday of each week. Participants can choose when they would like to start and the duration of their volunteer program. A typical program ranges from 4 to 6 weeks. Check with World Endeavors for alternate dates or durations.
We encourage volunteers to apply as far in advance as possible. Generally it is best to submit your application at least 12 weeks prior to your intended start date, but exceptions can be made if the volunteer is willing to work with World Endeavors to expedite the enrollment process.
Please note that placements in orphanages and schools are generally not available from December 15th through January 25th, as well as for 2 weeks in July.
World Endeavors 's other programs in Brazil
- Various Locations : Help Us with Orphanage Assistance Program in Brazil
- Various Locations : Volunteer in Environmental Conservation Projects in Brazil
- Various Locations : Work in Teaching Children Program in Brazil
- All Over Brazil: An Affordable and Unique Internship Opportunity in Brazil
- Various Locations : Assist Local Communities in Brazil
- Various Locations : Volunteer to Reverse Biodiversity and Habitat Loss in Brazil
- Various Locations : Serve Local Community Health Clinics in Brazil