10 Day Lower Zambezi Canoeing and Kafue National Park Safari
- Adventure and Big Game Safari (Land & Water-based Activities)
- National Park Safari
- Canoe Safari
Unforgettable and Unique Zambia Safari
You have been expected by Absolute Zambia Safaris to explore the exceptional nature of Zambia! With canoe safari along the Zambezi River, you may wait to see wildlife along with the riverbank of Lower Zambezi National Park and with the combination of having your last two nights in Kafue National Park Gives a complete experience with Game drives, Walking Safari, and boat Cruise in the Kafue National Park. The guides have comprehensive expertise and knowledge of nature, wildlife birds, and local environment, culture, and general education gather through guiding in these areas for numerous years. Absolute Zambia Safaris will make your safari adventure in Zambia memorable.
- Day 1 - Arrive & Transfer to Pioneer Lodge – Lusaka
You arrive at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka (LUN), where you will be welcomed by our representative who will then assist you with luggage and transfer you to Pioneer Lodge where you will spend your night before your fantastic canoeing Safari on the Zambezi River in lower Zambezi.
Check-in, relax, enjoy your room, and later dinner and bedtime.
- Day 2 - Zambezi Breezer ,Chirundu (Canoe Safari Day 1)
Morning Breakfast at Pioneer Lodge, then our driver will transfer you to Zambezi Breezes in Chirundu where your canoeing Safaris will start.
Meet at Zambezi Breezes in Chirundu at approximately 10:00 for a two-hour drive downstream to the lunch place. After a briefing and lunch on the edges of the river, you begin your afternoon canoeing to Mtondo Island for your very first night camp, arriving at around 17:00.
Canoeing on the first day is kept to the mainstream on a natural going strong current. Setting up the lodge accompanied by tea or coffee, snacks, and later dinner before retreating at night.
- Day 3 - Lower Zambezi (Canoe Safari Day 2)
Canoeing begins early after morning tea or coffee and biscuits. About at 06:30, depart Mtondo Island for a downstream breakfast stop at roughly two-hour canoeing.
You are continuing through the Lower Zambezi National Park for lunch between 12:30 to 14:00 away from the midday sun. Then canoe to your next night's camp at or near Chikwenya Island if the weather permits. On this day, you travel a good 25 kilometers of the river into both Mana Pools National Park and Lower Zambezi National Park.
- Day 4 - Canoeing Safari Day 3
All daily routine, on this day, you will canoe through offshoot river channels where birdlife and game abound. Leaders will stop at points of importance to witness wildlife. Fascinating parts of the river at this point pass three kilometers in width with a labyrinth of canals to explore.
Both sides of the river at this spot are flanked by magnificent national parks where one is likely to see the highest concentration of game on the river.
- Day 5 - Canoeing Safari Day 4
Exiting Mana Pools National Park and enter the safari area on the south bank while staying within the Lower Zambezi National Park. Starting to narrow down, and the current becomes stronger as the stream proceeds into what is known as the False Mupata Gorge.
From this point, the safari is restricted to the mainstream for about 30 kilometers as you pass through this scenic gorge with sheer rock structures and cliff edges. Campsite on this night is chosen from one of many natural sandy beaches on the land within the confines of the gorge
- Day 6 - Canoeing Safari Day 5
The day is spent canoeing through the rest of the Mupata Gorge, watching the 300-million-year-old volcanic rock that forms part of the Great Rift Valley. At approximate midday, the canoes exit the gorge, and the guide proceeds through to Red Cliffs for lunch and a break away from the midday heat before continuing to the night’s island campsite.
Depending on joining flights the next day, the guide may discuss a more proper camping site with the team closer to the finishing point. Absolute Zambia Safaris does suggest that connecting flights are caught the day after the safari ends.
- Day 7 - Last day Canoeing Safari /Lusaka
Depending on the choice of campsite, there is an early rise tea or coffee and breakfast before the remaining canoeing through to the end of the canoeing safari. The take-out point arrives at approximately 09:00 for the return transport to Lusaka.
This ride is in an open-roofed Land Cruiser with a shaded canopy. Alternatively, depending on the group’s wishes, you may continue paddling on day 5 to the Feira take-out point. This means, the transport will be able to leave earlier for the return five-hour trip to Lusaka, but it says there will be no canoeing on the final day. Lunch will be served on the roadside under a tree.
You will spend a night at Pioneer Lodge in Lusaka. Arrival at Pioneer lodge Check-in and relax later it's dinner and bedtime.
- Day 8 - Transfer to Kafue National Park
Morning breakfast and transfer to Mukambi Safari Lodge in Kafue National Park. This will be an adventurous road trip, passing through villages and most of it is in the bush, so there is a lot to see along the way, and the fact that it is a private safari means you have the flexibility to stop along the way when you find something interesting.
- Day 9 - Mukambi Safari Lodge in Kafue National Park
Begin your day with breakfast and then go for a morning game drive you can choose to do a walking safari and return to the lodge for the lunch break and relaxation time. Later afternoon tea and night game drive, or a Sunset Boat Cruise, return to the lodge for dinner and bed.
- Day 10 - Departure
The morning will start with breakfast and depending on your flight time out of Lusaka our driver will pick you up after breakfast or you will do your morning game viewing activity and then depart for Lusaka. You will be transferred to Lusaka International Airport (LUN) in Lusaka for your onward connection.
- At Pioneer Lodge & Camp , Lusaka: 2 Nights Ensuite Miombo Chalet Accommodations, and 2 Breakfast & 2 Dinner
- At Great Zambezi (5 Night Canoe Safari), Lower Zambezi: All Canoeing Safari Activities, Walking safari (on request), Camping gear, Five nights’ accommodation, and three meals a day and beverage
- At Mukambi Safari Lodge , Kafue National Park: 2 night’s chalet accommodation, All meals Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner daily, Drinks from the bar. Excl Bottled wines of premium brands, Two Game activities per Day; Walking Safari or Boat Cruise and Morning/Night Game Drive (Walking Safari in Weather Dependant), Complimentary Laundry Services, and National Park Entry Fees
- Transportation included: All Road and Airport Transfers
- Visa Fees & All Flights
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Recommended Comprehensive)
- Only Park entry fees of 150 USD per person for the whole Canoe trip
- Any other drinks during Canoe Safari
- Laundry Service during Canoe and at Pioneer lodge
- Lunch at Pioneer Lodge and Camp
- Anything of Personal Nature