Image Credit: https://www.himalayanglacier.com/manaslu-trek-packing-list/
The Manaslu trekking route takes you to approximately 5210m altitude from 710m. As the altitude increases, there will be a change in temperature, pressure, and oxygen level. Overcoming this challenging trek, require a moderate level of fitness and prior preparation.
Light and wise packing is suggested for your successful journey. Important trekking equipment and gears on the way give you great relief.
Selecting the right clothes and other gears and equipment according to the weather and climate eases you to overcome the Manaslu trek difficulty. Right trekking items are essential to avoid unnecessary complications. You have to manage your packing according to the hotter temperatures at lower altitudes and colder temperatures at higher altitudes.
Here is a recommended packing list of items that you will need in your trek. The list will help you to be safe and make your journey easier and fun.
Travel Clothing during the Manaslu Circuit
- Insulated Jacket
- Waterproof and windproof Jacket (breathable)
- Down Jacket
- Thermal tops
- Trekking shirts
- Trekking trousers or pants
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight thermal trousers
- Breathable underwears
- Rain gears
Headwear and Handwear for Manaslu Circuit Trek
- Lightweight gloves (inner thermal gloves and outer windproof and waterproof gloves)
- Bandana or head scarf
- Warm woolen hat
- Sun Hat
- Buff, Balaclava or Neck band
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Prescription sunglasses (if required)
- Hiking socks
- Woolen socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Hiking sandals
- Cotton socks (optional)
Toiletries and Personal Hygiene during your Manaslu Nepal Trek
- Quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Sunscreen cream
- Lip balm
- Foot powder
- Female hygiene products
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Small mirror
- Personal Hygiene
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
Important Accessories for Trek Manaslu Nepal
- Trekking poles
- Sleeping bag
- Small daypack for carrying your valuables
- Personal first-aid kit (simple and light)
- Important medicines such as aspirin, anti-diarrhea pills, Anti-headache pills, cough and cold medicine, anti-altitude sickness pills, Stomach antibiotic
- Water purification liquid or tablet
- Extra pair of prescription glasses or contact lens
- Repair tape, Sewing-repair kit
- Lighter or matchbox
- Digital camera with extra batteries and memory cards for Manaslu trek scenic pictures
- Water bottles (2 litres)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Plastic bags
Other Extra Equipment to Make Your Manaslu Circuit Trek Great
- Book for reading
- Trekking trail map
- Travel game for leisure activities (chess, backgammon, scrabble, playing cards)
- Plug adapter
- Lightweight pillow case
Personal Documents and Items to Trek Manaslu Circuit Nepal
- Passport with at least 6-month validity along with a valid visa
- Photocopies of passport
- 4 – 8 extra passport-size photographs (required for the local SIM card purchase or trekking trails permits)
- Airline tickets
- Visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport)
- Any other valid ID in case you lose your passport
- Proof of insurance
- At least $200 to $300 cash
Ans: You need to pack necessary trekking clothes, equipment, medical kits, and documents.
Ans: Yes, you need a sleeping bag to trek the Manaslu Nepal circuit. Though the tea houses provide you with a blanket, it may not be enough for you at high altitudes.
Ans: Your trekking agency will arrange a tent and other necessary equipment for the Manaslu expedition. So don’t be bothered carrying extra weight.
If you are looking for information regarding the routes of the Manaslu trek read Routes and Maps of the Trek chapter. Best Manaslu Trek Time chapter explain in detail about the best time to trek in Manaslu region. If you are wondering how to choose the best trek operator, find detailed information from this How to Choose the best Manaslu Trek Operator chapter.
The cost chapter Cost of Manaslu Trek explains all types of cost and fees of Manaslu trek. If you need information regarding the visa and permit of Manaslu trek read Visa and Permit for Manaslu Trek chapter. Learn in detail about the food and lodging during trekking Manaslu in the Accommodation and Food chapter. If you want information about Manaslu trek ground transportation read the chapter Ground Transportation during.
In other chapters of this Manaslu Trekking guide, we have explained in detail of Internet and Telephone Facility in the Manaslu region, how and where to find the Trek Guides and Porters and how much dangerous and safe is Manaslu Trek.