- Experience the joy of knowing someone else's life has been improved because YOU were there.
- Partner with others who understand that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority, every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.
- Contribute in the most meaningful way possible by volunteering in one of our life-changing projects.
- One of the most affordable volunteer-abroad programs available worldwide.
Do you love kids and have a passion for sports? Would you like to join a meaningful volunteer program in Brazil? A vast majority of people in Brazil live in favelas, which are very poor areas that suffer from over-crowding, crime, pollution, poor sanitary conditions, and lack of access to quality education. Sports is a way out for many children and youth to improve their circumstances. Sports also play an important role in the lives of Brazilians but sadly, these children from poor backgrounds do not have cusses to sports clubs or proper coaches, and they are defied of opportunities to make use of their talent in sports or play sports in an organized manner.
In this volunteer program, you will help coach sports to the children and youths in the local schools or community centers. You can teach popular sports like football or you can also teach foreign sports like volleyball, basketball, martial arts etc. depending on your own personal skills. You will also conduct team building exercises, fitness training and motivational classes. You can also share your English skills with the children. You will provide a productive outlet for the children so they can utilize their energy and time effectively while remaining fit and healthy. By sharing your passion for sports, you will help nurture the children who are talented in sports as well as gain a valuable coaching experience yourself. The inspiration you provide the children will also enable them to move towards a brighter future and stay away from the streets and negative activities. There are no specific qualifications needed to join this project though having basic Portuguese skills will be helpful.
Volunteers below the age of 18 years will need to be accompanied by an adult guardian.