- Experience the joy of knowing someone else's life has been improved because YOU were there.
- Partner with others who understand that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority, every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.
- Contribute in the most meaningful way possible by volunteering in one of our life-changing projects.
- One of the most affordable volunteer-abroad programs available worldwide.
Have you always dreamed of visiting the Galapagos Islands? Would you like to help protect and conserve this fragile ecosystem at a unique conservation volunteer program in Ecuador? Your help is needed at San Cristobal Island in the Galapagos! Off the coast of Ecuador, this famed island chain developed in unique isolation, spawning myriad bird species, giant tortoises, sea lions, and marine iguanas, all which inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution. Unfortunately, this unique biodiversity is under threat, and nearly 80% of the island has been taken over by invasive species or developed for unsustainable agriculture.
At our Galapagos conservation volunteer program in Ecuador, you’ll find yourself getting involved in a variety of exciting and meaningful activities. You’ll help collect and classify seeds, plant native species, maintain trails, and more. You’ll also help promote sustainable agriculture by working with local farmers. You’ll be planting and maintaining organic coffee plantations, as well as planting native species on the farmer’s land, reintroducing the natural habitat to the island. You will also help in conservation of indigenous wildlife. There are no specific requirements for this program, although basic Spanish skills will be helpful.
Volunteers below the age of 18 years will need to submit parental consent or must be accompanied by an adult guardian.