- Join an incredibly affordable program trusted by over 22,000 since 2006
- Your safety is our highest priority, and all our projects and facilities have been thoroughly vetted
- Experience the joy of making someone else’s life better and provide hope for the future
- Realize your dreams of travelling and making a difference by volunteering with orphans.
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, food and in-country support
Do you love kids and dream of traveling abroad to volunteer with orphans? In the last two decades, the population of Ecuador has doubled, which has led to dramatic growth in the number of abandoned children in urban and rural areas. Due to the death of their parents, poverty, neglect, and abuse, millions of children are left in the care of orphanages where they can find the kindness and compassion they need. Since there are many orphanages and community centers in Ecuador that struggle to serve so many orphans, the need for passionate and dedicated international volunteers is always very high.
By joining IFRE’s Ecuador orphanage volunteer project, you will be helping provide orphans with the care and love they so desperately need. The goal of this volunteering program is to help these orphaned children by sharing your compassion, empathy, and skills. You will work with local staff members and participate in various skill-developing activities and change the lives of orphans and enrich your own life with memories you will cherish forever.
The main qualification you will need to join this meaningful project is to love kids and be dedicated to working with orphans and providing them compassionate care. Patience, flexibility and a big heart go a long way.
Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Spanish is preferred, but not required. If you cannot speak Spanish, we suggest you enroll in our Spanish language course to make your stay more rewarding – both for you and for the children you are helping.