- Join an incredibly affordable program trusted by over 22,000 since 2006
- Your safety is our highest priority, and all our projects and facilities have been thoroughly vetted
- Share your love for animals and passion for conservation and make a difference for animals in need
- Feel greatly rewarded and fulfilled as you provide a better life for animals.
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, food and in-country support
Have you always dreamed of going to the Galapagos Islands? How would you like to help conserve the delicate and unique ecosystem and help save threatened species while you’re there?
San Cristobal Island is home to truly unique species like giant tortoises, sea lions, marine iguanas, sea turtles, and a variety of rare and specialized bird species. However, the World heritage site of Galapagos faces with the problem of alien species invasion, and human settlements. The opening of an airport and a port to connect to the outside world disrupt the delicate balance of this singular ecosystem and puts the native species in danger of extinction.
Join IFRE’svolunteer conservation program in Galapagos, working in the areas of sustainable agriculture, the promotion of ethical, low-impact tourism, and work preserving and reforesting the natural environment. As a volunteer, you will work on both agricultural and habitat restoration projects. Your time on San Cristobal Island will be filled with memories that last a lifetime. It will be incredible to experience such uniquely adapted natural splendor, and even better to know you are helping protect and conserve it.
Anyone who loves the earth and wants to visit and conserve the Galapagos Islands can join this exciting project. You don’t need a background in conservation, but you will need a passion for the environment and a willingness to help wherever it is needed. The living conditions are basic, and the area is somewhat remote. You’ll be without the internet or a phone, so you’ll need to be ready to connect with nature.