- Experience the joy of knowing someone else's life has been improved because YOU were there.
- Partner with others who understand that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority, every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.
- Contribute in the most meaningful way possible by volunteering in one of our life-changing projects.
- One of the most affordable volunteer-abroad programs available worldwide.
Are you interested in photography, journalism, and travel? Do you dream of taking a lifetime trip while documenting Nepali life and culture? Nepal is a beautiful country nestles in the Himalayas and the capital city Kathmandu is a cultural hub with century old temples and monasteries as well as countless festivals and events. Sadly, Nepal is still an underdeveloped country and many of the citizens struggle with poverty. There is a need to promote Nepal and its vibrant culture to the rest of the world so that this can bring in new business, ventures, improve tourism and provide new means of livelihood for the poor people.
In this program, you will capture the scenic beauty of Nepal, art and architecture and lifestyle through pictures. You will be guided by a professional photojournalist throughout this program. Depending on the activities taking place, you may also be involved in covering events, shows, festivals rallies or conferences. You may also be involved in depicting various issues faced by the country such as pollution, animal welfare and waste management through your pictures. By participating in this program, you will enhance your photography skills as well as enrich your knowledge about the modern concepts of photojournalism. The experiences you get through this program will help advance your career in photojournalism and boost your resume. You will also get to explore scenic spots, immerse yourself in the local community and culture and be a part of celebrations and traditional customs. Your photos will also help the local communities and improve the lives of the local people directly or indirectly.
Volunteers below the age of 18 years will need to submit parental consent or must be accompanied by an adult guardian.