- Experience the joy of knowing someone else's life has been improved because YOU were there.
- Partner with others who understand that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority, every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.
- Contribute in the most meaningful way possible by volunteering in one of our life-changing projects.
- One of the most affordable volunteer-abroad programs available worldwide.
Are you looking to gain rewarding medical volunteer experience? Do you want to visit Peru to experience the lovely scenery and learn about their culture and traditions? Over a third of Peru’s citizens do not have access to basic medical services and these especially affects the poor regions. This causes many people to suffer from treatable and preventable diseases, and many even lose their lives due to lack of medical care or delay in treatment. The public hospitals catering to the poor people struggle with modern medical advancements and they lack much resources, medication, and adequate staffs.
In this Medical program, you will assist and shadow the medical staffs in the local hospitals and clinics. Although specific volunteer duties will depend on project needs, your level of expertise, and interests, common duties include interacting with the patients and providing them with health advice, taking their measurements and vitals and maintaining records. You will also help raise heath awareness in the community, assist with diagnosis and treatments, and administer medication and vaccinations. Your efforts in this program will have a direct and positive impact in the lives of many propel who are in desperate need of medical attention. Your help will support the understaffed and overworked local medical staffs and provide you with an insight into the healthcare system of Peru. You will also gain an opportunity to hone your medical skills and gain a hands-on experience while making a difference in the community.
Volunteers below the age of 18 years will need to submit parental consent or must be accompanied by an adult guardian. You need to be a pre-med student, nursing or medical student or have a professional background in Medical or Healthcare for this program.