- The foundation will benefit from fresh ideas and skills when Volunteers join them on this international development and fundraising internship in Uganda.
- You will have the remarkable opportunity to work on the front line of a project that is helping local communities and learn about the approaches taken to support them.
- The skills and experience that you learn will be a fantastic addition to your CV/Resume.
Grasp the opportunity to gain invaluable first-hand experience of the NGO sector, by joining this international development and fundraising internship in Uganda. Work with a local team at an established foundation and learn about many essential aspects of NGO management, community development and donor funding. Many organisations are reliant on donations and grants and fundraising is an essential role that is expanding in the sector, as the number of competitors in the market expand. Gain an insight into the skills and techniques necessary to run a successful NGO professional and put yourself ahead of your peers by having direct international development experience.
Why choose this Volunteer opportunity in Uganda?
The foundation will benefit from fresh ideas and skills when Volunteers join them on this international development and fundraising internship in Uganda. You may also bring local knowledge from your own country or region about fundraising or grant-writing that leads to extra income for the foundation. You will have the remarkable opportunity to work on the front line of a project that is helping local communities and learn about the approaches taken to support them. The skills and experience that you learn will be a fantastic addition to your CV/Resume.
Role of the Volunteer
During your volunteer ship you will work with the staff at a reputable foundation in Uganda to help with tasks linked to the day to day running of the NGO. You may be involved in the following activities during your volunteering:
• Conducting research into potential donors and donor organisations and creating a database of opportunities for funding
• Assisting with writing funding proposals and reports to be sent to funders
• Assisting with day-to-day management of the sponsorship program, including contacting sponsors, processing payments, and uploading information into database and websites
• Updating of website and social media to promote activities and creating funding campaigns
• Attend or organise community meetings and events to build relations
Potential study related outcomes from this volunteer program include learning how to:
• Research funding and sponsorship opportunities locally and internationally, and how to write funding/grant proposals and reports to demonstrate use of funding to international donors
• Manage a school sponsorship program, liaising with donors, children and educational institutions, and managing finances
• Develop strategies to monitor and evaluate the impact of activities implemented as a result of donor grants or sponsorship
• Promote, network and market a non-for profit organisation
• Work with the local community to ensure development activities are meeting the needs of local and are sustainable people
You will be asked to attend weekly review meetings, and will have the support of a mentor. At the end of your placement you will share your experiences with the local team in the form of a presentation so bring your laptop. What a fantastic opportunity to develop your CV/Resume!
What skills do I need to be an International Development volunteer in Uganda?
Volunteer should be studying international relations, development or management or be considering a move into the international development sector. You will be working at a more strategic level helping to develop the capacity of the organisation and helping with fundraising efforts. Be prepared to use your creative and writing skills. You will be supported during your placement by a dedicated mentor but will have the opportunity and be expected to use your own initiative throughout. Bring a positive attitude and a willingness to work as part of a team to make the most out of this placement.