- Immerse yourselves in natural reserves
- Learn the culture and traditions of the locals
- Spend time with gorillas and Chimpanzees
- Visit the famous pigmies
Situated in the south of Cameroon and declared a heritage for humanity by UNESCO in 1987, the Dja Reserve covers a surface area of 5260 km2. more than 1500 vegetable species were identified. As for fauna, there are about 107 mammals and 320 bird species scattered in and around the reserve. This fauna comprises mainly of : elephants, gorillas and chimpanzees, ideal for ecotourism lovers. In the Dja biodiversity Reserve, you will live a one time experience in the company of pigmies; first inhabitants of the equatorial forest, who will initiate you into hunting, fishing and traditional medicine and traditional harvesting of honey, in the night the whole community will perform for you a dance around the fir
- Day 1 - Arrive in Yoaunde
Upon arrival at the airport. You will be welcomed by our Tours Staff. Once you have cleared customs formalities, our Guide will smooth through the rest of the arrivals process – currency exchange, later transferred to the hotel. Overnight and dinner.
- Day 2 - YAOUNDE-SOMALOMO- DJA
After breakfast depart to the Dja Reserve via Somalomo. On the way to Dja biodiversity Reserve, you will pass by AYOS, and Messamena. In the afternoon you will grab some lunch later entry formalities into the reserve, departure to the reserve in company of porters, an ecotourist guard and a cook. Arrival and settling in the camp, sleeping under the canvas.
- Day 3 - SOMALOMO-CAMP-CHOUAM ROCK
Breakfast and departure for the Chouam Rock, trekking, walk for16 km to reach the Rock, arrival, settling in and watching (safari photos), buffaloes, sitatunga, monkeys, antelopes, butterflies, birds, flora, sleeping under canvas on the Rock.
- Day 4 - CHOUAM ROCK- SOMALOMO
Morning wake and breakfast walk, return to Somalomo; along the way, watching of various animals and flora, plucking forest fruits—pass the night at Barthelemy’s In.
- Day 5 - SOMALOMO-MAMA PIGMY CAMP
Today after breakfast you will depart to pigmy camp. on arrival and settling in the camp, you will receive gifts from the locals. dive into activities of hunting, fishing and harvesting of honey, plucking of forest fruits, traditional carrying of water, collecting raphia wine, the traditional lighting of fire etc., initiation to traditional medicine. At nightfall, enjoy the entertainment of a dance for the whole village around a big fire. Dinner and night in tent in the pigmy camp.
- Day 6 - PIGMY CAMP- THE VILLAGE-YAOUNDE
Today morning after breakfast, you will return by canoe on the River Dja. Arrival in the village and return to Yaoundé, arrival in Yaoundé, settling in the hotel for the day. Dinner in a restaurant, discovering the local cuisine.
- Day 7 - Departure - Yaounde
After breakfast meet your driver to at the lobby who will transfer to the airport to catch your next flight back home.
- All transportation as mentioned
- Private four-wheel drive vehicles with a bilingual driver, speaking French and Spanish or English
- Entrance fees to tourist sites, the Dja Biodiversity Reserve
- Canoe ride on the River Dja,
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- The meals mentioned in the program
- Local/International Flights
- Beverage & Drinks.
- Any services not mentioned in the program.
- Personal expenses