- Make a real, lasting difference in people's lives through your participation in our community development projects.
- Enjoy an authentic South African experience together with locals and other volunteers from around the globe!
- Visit Kruger National Park and get the chance to see an elusive leopard or experience the gentleness of an elephant.
- Experience delicious local food prepared by our local grannies.
- Make friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
If you are interested in learning about a new culture, doing research or aiming to learn a new skill, then we would love to have you join us.
A Nourish Internship is divided between an individual project you will complete based on your chosen field, and immersing yourself into the day to day operations and running of the programme associated with your chosen field. You will also be studying a course in the UN Sustainable Development Goals and completing worksheets and a report as to how our program and your project contributes towards sustainable development.
You will spend your day working with the team, learning from them and having an amazing experience! The work is very hand-on, so expect to be busy but remember to have fun!
This opportunity is like no other, as you are based at the project and will experience Africa like you never have before. Specific skills will also be greatly appreciated and the placement within our departments that suits you perfectly.
We have a programming structure at Nourish as follows:
- Green Kidz (our environmental education programme)
- Social Enterprise, where we support and grow small businesses through an incubator
- Agro-Ecology training, very similar to permaculture, but more suited to African conditions
- Rise creches (Our Early Childhood Development programme. We support 6 pre-schools around the area)
- Eco Village (this includes our recycling programme and our general day to day outreach into the village around us).
- 3 Meals per day (7 days per week)
- WiFi access
- A personal project developed by you that adds value and content to our programmes
- Weekly one-to-one meetings with supervisor and project manager & Project and logistical support
- Immersive field training and programme activities
- UN SDG course completion certificate
- Project report completion certificate
- A professional recommendation letter on completion of the internship
- Nourish T-Shirt
- Pick up & Drop off at our local Airport/Town Hoedspruit
- Domestic Airfare
- Travel Insurance
- Weekend Activities
Our goal at The Nourish Foundation is to grow resilient wildlife communities through engagement in conservation and sustainability to protect our wildlife areas.
We engage with our communities through an Eco Village model with a variety of programming initiatives that fall under beneficiation, education, enterprise and tourism.
All our projects are integrated, holistic and sustainable: to grow a better tomorrow.
Write a Review
Internship - Agro processing
This stay at Nourish eco village allowed me to discover a new and extremely rich culture as well as great people who shared their experiences and knowledge with me. the location of the organization is very advantageous and convenient to discover the South African culture as well as the fauna and flora within the various parks such as the Kruger
Immersive experience at Nourish Eco Village
I really enjoyed my internship with Nourish Eco Village. The staff was very nice and welcoming, I had a lot of fun during my internship and I learnt a lot ! During the day, I worked at the farm and in the evening I spent time with other volunteers. I also visited Kruger National Park which was amazing. I discovered a new culture, a new landscape and I enjoyed tasting typical meals. Nourish Eco Village is a place of Ubuntu, “I am because you are”. People learn about themselves and share their experience with local people, volunteers and guests coming from all over the world.