- Exciting game drive in the park
- Last retreat of the roan antelope
- Ruma National Park remains a must visit destination while in Kisumu Kenya
- The only Terrestrial Park in Nyanza Province
- Experience the scenic western Circuit on the lake Victoria Shores
Ruma National Park is the only Terrestrial Park in Nyanza Province. It was initially known as the Lambwe Valley Game Reserve in 1966 to protect its indigenous population of rare roan antelopes which is only found in Ruma. In 1983 it was gazetted and renamed Ruma N. Park.
It was renamed “Ruma” upon request of the local community. The area had been so named by one of Kenya’s most powerful wizard, the much feared Gor Mahia who lived around the area where the park is located.
It is situated in Lambwe Valley in South Nyanza close to the shores of Lake Victoria, km from Kisumu, 10 km east of Lake Victoria and South West of Homa Bay and 425 km west of Nairobi.
Main access is from Kisumu via Homa Bay –via Kisii – 65 km.
From Kisii via Rongo to Rodi kopany
From Kisumu you can also go via Lwanda K’otieno from Lwanda K’otieno take ferry to Mbita then drive 20 km to Nyatoto Gate.
Kamato Gate-main gate
- Day 1 - Kisumu- Ruma National Park - Kisumu
Depart Kisumu at 6am through Kendu Bay and Homabay to Ruma National Park through Kamato Gate to proceed for an extensive game drive. The classic image of East Africa is realized in Ruma National Park, a land of rolling Savannah dotted with picturesque Acacias and backed by dramatic hills. Compact in size, the park is easily traversed by only two major routes and offers a unique mosaic of reverie woodland, golden Savannah and magnificent Escarpments. Well away from the beaten tourist track and relatively infrequently visited, it is also a park that excels in tranquility and the solitary enjoyment of the wilderness. Lunch will be served at a convenient picnic site within the Park. Later depart for Kisum after the game drive or alternitevely depart for Mbita Point to connect onward ferry through Luanda K’Otieno to Kisumu Via Seme to view the magnificent Kit Mikayi Rock. We arrive Kisumu in the evening to end your tour.
- Round trip transport from Kisumu to Ruma National park
- Extensive game drives
- Professional English-speaking safari guide and driver
- 1ltr bottled mineral per person
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- any extra activity not mentioned in the itinerary