- Scenic mountain flight on the way to lukla.
- Sherpa people and their cultures.
- Stunning high mountains view including Mount Everest.
- Sherpa villages and monasteries along the trail.
- Beautiful rivers and forests.
Everest base camp is a top-rated destination in the world for adventure seekers. The trek is filled with the high Himalayas, forests, rivers, glaciers, and stunning Himalayan landscapes along the trails. Besides, you get to experience the culture of the Sherpa people who are best known for their mountaineering skills. The journey begins from Lukla and you can reach the base camp of Everest in eight days. However, it only takes three to four days to descend back to Lukla.
This is the most common itinerary for the Everest base camp trek however you can add more days according to your physical conditions.
- Day 1 - Fly to Lukla and trek Phakding.(2610m)
it takes about 30 minutes to reach then the trek begins from Lukla to Phakding which takes about 3 hours to reach.
- Day 2 - Trek to Namche bazaar (3440m)
the trek is longer which takes about 7 hours to reach. the elevation gain today is about 800 meters.
- Day 3 - Acclimatization (3880m)
the short morning hike to Everest view hotel for acclimatization. the view is stunning with the first view of Mount Everest and surrounding mountains.
- Day 4 - Trek to Tengboche (3860m)
the trek climbs up to Namche bazaar and an easy walk to sonasa from where the trail descends down to the river for lunch. the afternoon climb is steep to Tengboche which is famous for its monastery.
- Day 5 - Trek to Dingboche (4400m)
the gradual hike to Dingboche takes a halt at Sonasa for the lunch. then the rest of the walk is more gradual to Dingboche but it is above the tree line.
- Day 6 - Final acclimatization day
for the final acclimatization, we hike to Ngakartsang hill(5091m) and descend back to Dingboche. afternoon it's an exploration around the village.
- Day 7 - Trek to Lobuche (4920m)
today's hike is a gradual climb on the alpine meadow to Thukla where we stop for lunch. then after it is a steep climb up to the hilltop which has memorials of those who died on the mountains. now it's an easy stroll to Lobuche.
- Day 8 - Gorekshep and detour Everest base camp(5364m)
the morning walk is traversed on the moraine and get to Gorekshep which is the highest settlement of the trek. afternoon detour to EBC and return back to Gorakshep for the night.
- Day 9 - Trek down Pheriche(4350m)
after an early morning hike to the viewpoint of Kala Patthar trek descends back to Pheriche via Lobuche.
- Day 10 - Back Namche bazaar(3440m)
it's a long walk back to Namche bazaar retracing the same way back which takes about 8 hours.
- Day 11 - Trek back Lukla(2840m)
we again retrace back the same way for Lukla which takes about 7 hours. it is also the last night in the mountain
- Day 12 - Fly back Kathmandu
morning flight to Kathmandu to finish the trek.
- hotels in the Kathmandu city.
- all standard meals.
- Guide and porters.
- farewell dinner.
- accommodation in the mountain during trek.
- airport transfer
We have Everest base camp trek for the senior citizens as well with longer days and the best itinerary. the itinerary can be customized in shorter with helicopter return from the base camp. moreover, for the comforts, we can provide comfortable hotels as per your request during the trek.