- Travel to the base camp of the highest mountain on earth during this 12-day, guided trip
- Enjoy stunning views of the mountains, including Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Kangtega, Mt Nuptse and more
- Get the chance to enjoy the hospitality and friendliness of the Sherpa people
Join us as we travel to the base camp of the highest mountain on earth during this 12-day, guided trip. Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla airport and follow the trail that travels along the banks of the thundering Dudh Koshi River.
Reach Namche Bazaar on the second day of the trip. Travel past the Sherpa villages of Debuche, Dingboche and Lobuche to reach Gorakshep, a small settlement (5,164m) that sits on the edge of a frozen, sand-covered lakebed. Reach Everest Base Camp, located in the middle of the Khumbu Glacier, on the eighth day of the trip.
Head for Kala Patthar next. Enjoy stunning views of the mountains, including Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Kangtega, Mt Nuptse, Mt Thamserku, Mt Kusum Kanguru, Mt Pumori, Mt Lhotse, Lobuche Peak, Island Peak, Mt Makalu and, of course, the breathtaking Mt Everest itself, towering above the rest.
Start your journey downhill to Lukla after that. Get the chance to enjoy the hospitality and friendliness of the Sherpa people along the way. Learn more about their culture and religion during a visit to Tengboche Monastery. We look forward to taking you on a trek of a lifetime. Please go through the itinerary for more details.
- Day 1 - Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2800m) and Trek to Phakding (2650m)
Board a 45-minute flight to Lukla from Kathmandu early in the morning. In case the weather is good, you can enjoy great views of the magnificent Himalayas during the flight. Arrive at Lukla Airport and meet your porter, if you have booked one (own expense).
Enjoy a hearty breakfast in Lukla and start the trek. Head north from the airstrip and cross the suspension bridge on the Thado Koshi River. Enjoy lovely views of Kusum Kanguru
Mountain. Take the trail that goes towards Ghat (2,590m).
Your destination of the day is Phakding, where you will reach after a fairly easy, 3-4hour walk. Stay overnight in Phakding.
- Day 2 - Trek to Namche (3440m)
Get ready for a steep climb. Follow the path of the thundering Dudh Kosi, cross numerous suspension bridges along the way. Trek past Monjo and Jorsalle villages until you reach Namche Bazaar (3,440m), a village in the mountains that is also the centre of commerce in the Khumbu region.
- Day 3 - Acclimatization day
You have a free day in Namche Bazaar today. In case you are interested, you can book the optional trip to Syangboche's Everest View Hotel, the highest hotel in the world, and enjoy amazing views of Mt. Everest as well as Amadablam, Thamserku and Lhotse peaks.
- Day 4 - Trek to Tengboche (3870m)
Your route for today weaves in and out of valleys, past small ups and downs and through the village of Sanasa, from where it drops down to Phunkithanga. Continue your uphill journey through this point as the trail climbs steeply through pine forests to reach the famous Tengboche Monastery (3870m).
The view from the monastery rightly deserves to be regarded as among the world's most magnificent. Along with the magnificent Everest, you can also see Kwangde Peak, Tawachee, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Kangtega and Thamserku. Spend your night in Tengboche.
- Day 5 - Trek to Dingboche (4410m)
Travel through a forest before crossing the Imja River. Reach the village of Pangboche. The route continues through summer pastures to Dingboche (4,410 m), where you will spend your night. Today is an easy day with just 3-4 hours of walking.
- Day 6 - Rest day
Stay in Dingboche for a day and allow your body to adapt to the changing altitude. You have the option of booking a hike up to Chhukung if you are interested in it. The hike will start at around 8:30 in the morning after breakfast.
The trek up to Chhukung is not that difficult. Enjoy great views of the mountains, especially that of Ama Dablam. It is a quick trip back down to Dingboche for the night. You might encounter strong winds while returning.
- Day 7 - Trek to Lobuche (4910m)
A difficult day with steep climbing awaits you. The day starts will a gradual climb to Dughla, where we will stop for a quick lunch. It will be an early lunch today but we do not have another option before reaching Lobuche.
A steep climb from Dughla will take us to the memorial of famous mountaineers such as Scott Fischer and Babu Chiri Sherpa. Enter the Khumbu Glacier area and follow the route to Lobuche (4,910m), where you will be spending your night.
- Day 8 - Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m) and back to Gorakshep (5170m)
Hike for 2 hours to reach the 5,164-meter-high settlement of Gorakshep. Regarded as one of the world's highest places of permanent human settlement, the settlement is located on a frozen lakebed. Have your lunch and continue your journey to Everest Base Camp.
Navigate a side ridge of the Khumbu Glacier to reach the base camp, located at an altitude of 5,364 metres. Enjoy great views of the glacier as well as the Khumbu Icefall. Walk back to Gorakshep.
- Day 9 - Hike to Kalapatthar (5545m) and trek to Pangboche (3985)
Clamber up to this famous landmark Kalapatthar, located above Gorakshep and enjoy amazing views of the mountains shining in the color of the morning sun.
Spend some time there before descending to Gorakshep. Grab your breakfast and start your downhill journey to Pangboche. A sunset view of Mount Amadablam from Pangboche is an unforgettable experience.
- Day 10 - Trek to Namche (3440m)
Continue your journey downhill. Cross the Dudh Kosi River and make a steep climb to Kyanjuma. From this point on, the trail is largely flat or downhill until you reach the headquarters of Sagarmatha National Park just above Namche.
- Day 11 - Trek to Lukla (2800m)
A long day on a downhill trail awaits you. The last day of this trek is full of steep descends along the Dudh Kosi until you reach Phakding for lunch. The trail from Phakding to Lukla is mostly a gentle, uphill climb.
- Day 12 - Fly back to Kathmandu (1400m)
Transfer to the airport to catch an early morning flight to Kathmandu. Upon arriving in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel. You guide will accompany you for a complimentary farewell dinner provided by the company in the evening. This is the end of our services. We will provide a departure transfers upon request.
- Airport pickup and drop-off (on request) services in a private vehicle
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu domestic airline tickets, including all airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Meals on a full-board basis (breakfast, lunch and dinner / main course) during the trek
- Accommodation in tea houses / lodges along the trek as per the itinerary
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits and Khumbu Pashang Lhamu Rural Municipality fees.All government taxes and service charges.
- Experienced, English-speaking, government-licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Sleeping bags and duffel bags (sleeping bags and duffel bags are to be returned after the completion of the trip)
- A first aid kit and an oxymeter will be carried by the guide. We will help arrange an emergency chopper rescue service if necessary (cost covered by your travel insurance)
- 1 complementary dinner after arrival or before departure in a traditional restaurant
- An Everest Base Camp trekking map and an achievement certificate after the trip is over
- International airfares and Nepal travel visa.
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu.
- Hot showers, use of wifi and battery charging in the tea houses along the route
- Porter to carry your gear. You can add porter while you booking the trek.
- Tips for trekking staff (tipping is expected in Nepal)
- Drinks, beverages, desserts and expenses of personal nature
- Your personal trekking gears and travel insurances.
Dates & Availability
Please select a departure month
Please select no. of travellers
MondayOctober 10 2022FridayOctober 21 2022Total
SaturdayOctober 15 2022WednesdayOctober 26 2022Total
ThursdayOctober 20 2022MondayOctober 31 2022Total
SundayOctober 30 2022ThursdayNovember 10 2022Total
SaturdayNovember 5 2022WednesdayNovember 16 2022Total
ThursdayNovember 10 2022MondayNovember 21 2022Total
TuesdayNovember 15 2022SaturdayNovember 26 2022Total
SundayNovember 20 2022ThursdayDecember 1 2022Total
WednesdayNovember 30 2022SundayDecember 11 2022Total
MondayDecember 5 2022FridayDecember 16 2022Total
SaturdayDecember 10 2022WednesdayDecember 21 2022Total
TuesdayDecember 20 2022SaturdayDecember 31 2022Total
WednesdayMarch 8 2023SundayMarch 19 2023Total
WednesdayMarch 15 2023SundayMarch 26 2023Total
Write a Review
Everest Base Camp Trek
We did Everest Base Camp Trek through the Glorious Himalaya team in 2018, October and was our memorable trip. The weather throughout the trip was pleasant and clear and the services provided by the GHT team were phenomenal.
We would like to thank you for providing quality service for us. We definitely would like to recommend Glorious Himalaya company for the adventure seekers who want to visit Nepal.