- The highest 'trekking peak' of Nepal for travelers is Mera Peak at an elevation of 6461 meters.
- Witness the mesmerizing view of the Himalayas surrounding the peak including Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Makalu, Mount Cho Oyu, and even Mount Kanchenjunga.
- Fantastic upgrade to the Everest base camp trek showing travelers the hidden side of the Sagarmatha NP.
- Wonderful view of landscape and scenery throughout the journey.
- A cultural and spiritual journey passing by the Sherpa Villages and monasteries to reach the Peak.
Experience the thrill of 15-day Mera Peak Climbing adventure in the Nepalese Himalayas with Hillary Step Treks. Conquer the summit of Mera Peak at 6461 meters, the highest 'trekking peak' open to travelers in Nepal.
This hidden gem, located in eastern Nepal, is a perfect challenge for those who have completed the Everest Base Camp trek. Begin your journey in Kathmandu and take a short domestic flight to Lukla, the gateway to Everest.
Leave the crowded trail behind as you pass through Chutunga, Kothe, and the iconic Thagnak villages on your way to Khare. Take a rest day at Khare to acclimatize and prepare for the climb to Mera Peak.
Stay one night in the high camp and start the ascent to the summit, surrounded by breathtaking views of snow-covered mountains, including Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Kanchenjunga.
Experience the true joy of travel and adventure in the Nepalese Himalayas as you return from the Mera Peak Climbing expedition with Hillary Step Treks.
Mera Peak is a popular trekking and climbing destination in the Khumbu region of Nepal. It is one of the highest trekking peaks in Nepal and offers stunning views of some of the world's highest mountains, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga. Here's some information to help you plan your Mera Peak climbing expedition:
- Day 1 - Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m/4429ft)
After landing at the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu, clear the customs and our representative from HST will receive you there. We will take a cab from the airport to your hotel. rest for the day and if you have free time left stroll around the Thamel area. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 - Fly to Lukla(2,860m/9,383ft) from Kathmandu(1,350m/4,429ft) and Trek to Chhutanga (3500m)
We will meet you at the hotel early today for your flight to Lukla. From Kathmandu, this short flight will take you to the gateway of Everest. Soon after you've taken off, the views of the surrounding landscape and mountains will treat you with delight. Nearing Lukla, you can admire the views of the snow-capped peak once more before landing on the short & thrilling airstrip of Tenzing Hillary Airport. and Trek to Chutanga
- Day 3 - Trek from Chutanga(3,500m/10,007 to Thuli Kharka (Chatra-la) 4200m/13780ft via Zatrawala-Pass(4,610m/15125ft)
Today will be longer and slightly challenging as we ail to reach Thuli Kharka from Chhutanga. The scenic Zatrawala Pass will be the midpoint of the walk and you can enjoy a majestic view of the mountains all around you during the trek. Spend some time in the Pass and take a gradual downhill trail to reach Thuli Kharka in the late afternoon. Overnight at a teahouse in Thuli Kharka.
- Day 4 - Trek from Thuli kharka(420000m/ 13790ft) to Kothe (3600m/11,811ft)
You have another beautiful day today to trek to Kothe from Thuli Kharka. Walking beside the Hinku river your trail goes up and down throughout the day without gaining significant elevation at any section. As you enter the Hinku Valley and near Kothe, you will get the first glances of the Mera peak nearby. Rest for the day after arriving at the small traditional village of Kothe. Overnight at a teahouse in Kothe.
- Day 5 - Trek from Kothe (3,600 m/13,435ft) to Thangnak (4,350m/14,272ft)
We will continue to follow the trail beside the Hinku river today to reach Thagnak. The highlight of today will be a short visit to Lungsungba Gompa after Gondisung which is more than 300 years old. Traversing a gradually rising path you will reach a vast Yak pasture as you approach Thangnak. Thangnak also has a trail going towards Gokyo valley and some trekkers like to add an additional day or two to explore that valley.
- Day 6 - Trek from Thagnak(4,350m/14,272ft) to Khare (4900m/16076ft)
You will walk in the terminal moraine of the Hinku Nub and Shar glaciers for most of today. The trail is not long but is steep and ascends with some tricky sections in Between to reach Khare. As the view of the Mera Peak gets ever so close, you will get past the 5000 meters mark in elevation to arrive at Khare. Overnight at a teahouse in Khare.
- Day 7 - Acclimatization Day in Khare
For better acclimatization, we will rest and do short hikes around the little village today. After breakfast head out to climb the nearby viewpoints and warm up your body. Prepare for a bit challenging couple of days from Khare coming your way. Also, be ready to stay in a camp for some days from now on. Rest for the day after returning from the hikes from Khare. Overnight at a teahouse in Khare.
- Day 8 - Trek from Khare(4900m/16,076ft) to High camp (5,800m/19,028ft)
Trek up to the High Camp today from Khare. In the morning you will climb through a steep section over the Mera glacier to reach the Mera Base Camp. Rest for a while and have your lunch here. a snowy and rocky trail will take you to the top of the Mera pass and straight to the Mera High Camp. your team will set up the cam and prepare for the early ascend to the summit tomorrow. We will also check the weather condition and your oxygen levels to ensure the safety of everyone climbing the peak. Overnight at a camp in Mera High Camp.
- Day 9 - Summit to Mera Peak(6,470m/21,227ft)) from High camp and descend to Khare
Today is the day you've prepared and waited for a long time to reach the summit of the majestic Mera Peak. The ascend starts very early in the morning and we will leave the high camp by 3 am. Your experienced guides will set the footsteps for you to follow as you scale this beautiful peak. Follow the instructions of the guide as there are a couple of tricky sections where you might require proper instructions and ropes for climbing.
After reaching the summit you can have a magical sunrise view of the Himalayas with a clear view of Mt. Everest (8,848m), Cho-Oyu (8,210m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m), Kangchenjunga (8,586m), Nuptse (7,855m), Chamlang (7,319m), Baruntse (7,129m) and others. Spend some time here and we will be back at the High Camp. Gathering our items from here we will continue further down to Base Camp and have our lunch. Retracing our steps from here we will reach Khare and rest for the day. Overnight at a teahouse in Khare.
- Day 10 - Contingency Day for Mera Peak
you can't guarantee favorable weather when you are in the Himalayas. We have an extra day prepared for you here just to be assured. You will push for the summit today if the day before had adverse or unsafe climbing conditions. If everything goes well you can have a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu on this extra day
- Day 11 - Trek from Khare(4900m/ 16,076ft) to Kothe( 3600m/11,811ft)
We will retrace our steps back to Kothe from Khare today. Our lunch stop will be arranged at Thangnak and you can enjoy their trail even more with the successful completion of the trek. Rest for the day after arriving at Kothe in the afternoon. Overnight at a teahouse in Kothe.
- Day 12 - Trek from Kothe(3600m/11811ft) to Thuli Kharka(4200m/17780ft)
We will return to Thuli Kharka from Kothe today. You'll have plenty of time to try some local snacks talk with the locals and enjoy the stops more during the trek back today. Rest for the day after arriving at Thuli Kharka in the afternoon. Overnight at a teahouse in Thuli Kharka
- Day 13 - Trek from Thulikharka(4200m/13780ft to Lukla(2860/9383ft) via Zatrawala Pass (4610/15125ft)
For the last stretch of our Mera Peak Climbing adventure, we will return to Lukla via Zatrawala pass. You will enter the forest trail and enjoy a different landscape once more leading you to our destination today. Enjoy the completion of the trek and treat yourself to some bakeries, bars, massage parlors, and more in Lukla. Rest for the day after arriving at Lukla in the afternoon. Overnight at a teahouse in Lukla.
- Day 14 - Fly back to Kathmandu(1350m/4429ft) from Lukla (2860m/9383ft)
You have got a morning return flight from Luka to TIA, Kathmandu. From the plane enjoy one last spectacular view of the Himalayas. We will drive you back to the hotel from the airport. You can explore more of Kathmandu in your spare time today. We will provide you with some key spots to buy some Nepalese souvenirs as well. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 15 - Final Departure
Join us for a farewell breakfast today. We'll appreciate your feedback and will hear about your Mera Peak Climbing expedition as well. We'll drive you to the airport for your departure on time. Return home with some memorable and unique adventure of Mera Peak with HST
- 2 nights Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- All the standard meals ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/The main course) during the trek
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Pick up/Drop off / from /to International & Domestic Airport
- Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu by flight with airport tax
- Mera Peak Climbing permit fees
- Makalu Barun National Park Permit Fee
- Professional & Government licensed holder English Speaking Trekking Guide
- Climbing Sherpa during the Climb section
- Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, accommodation, etc
- Cook and helper in Mera High Camp
- Sleeping bag ( if needed)
- Trekking Map
- First aid kit
- Seasonal fruits
- All government and Local Taxes
- International airfare and visa fee (15 Days US$30 and 30 Days US$50).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks like tea, coffee, Coke, Fanta, mineral water, boiled water, hot shower, battery charge, desert, etc
- Your Climbing gears (Climbing Boot, Crampons, Ice Axe, Jummer, Harness Set, Carabineer, Figure 8, Tap Sling) Hire in Khare
- Your travel insurance should include emergency rescue.
- Tips for guide and porters.