- Explore the Panama Canal on a boat trip from Panama City
- Learn about the indigenous cultures of Chagres National Park aboard a dugout canoe
- Enjoy lunch and cultural presentations with members of the local Embera tribe
- Great mix of sightseeing, wildlife, and traditional culture
Take an in-depth look at the famous Panama Canal and the indigenous cultures of the Chagres River during this boat-based, eco-adventure. Cruise amidst some of the waterways, lakes, and islands that make up the Panama Canal stopping to observe local birdlife and primates. Then meet up with residents of the Embera tribe in Parara Puru village for cultural presentations and an included lunch.
- Day 1 - Panama Canal Eco Cruise and Embera Village Combo Tour
Stop: 40 minutes - Admission included
We will cruise around islands created during the canal construction and see the abundant wildlife on its shores. We will visit the famous Monkey Islands where we can see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins up close in their natural habitat.
Embera Drua Villiage
Stop: 3 hours - Admission included
We are brought to the village where our hosts will be waiting. We will visit the Embera village of Drua, where we will witness a presentation about their culture, traditional dances, be served a simple lunch of fried fish, plantains, and fresh fruit. You then have opportunities to receive traditional painted "tattoos" which will fade away after a few days.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Monkey Island, Embera Drua Villiage
- Due to heavy traffic, no free pickup from hotels located near Amador Causeway, Clayton (City of Knowledge) Playa Bonita. Separate transportation for the an extra charge
- Playa Blanca, or Rio Hato, Metromall or Tocumen Airport need to arrange own transportation
- This is not a TRANSIT tour, we wont travel by boat inside the locks.