- Visit the historical sites, including Kamegeri’s rock, Nyanza King's Palace etc.
- View different primate species, plant species and bird species in Nyungwe forest
- Visit to Gisakura/Kitabi Tea Factory
- Explore Huye Ethnographic Museum
A tour of Nyungwe National Park, which introduces you to the hanging platform (Canopy Walk) allowing visitors to view different animal species in Nyungwe forest spreads and hike into the rain forest. You are required to have some physical fitness as hike might take long.
Accommodations in this tour are budget style. Should you want mid range or luxury, kindly let us know so that we can arrange accordingly.
- Day 1 - Kigali
Depart from Kigali; en-route visit some historical sites on the main road like Kamegeri’s rock and have a stop at Nyanza King's Palace. Drive to Nyungwe and spend a night at Gisakura accommodation.
- Day 2 - Nyungwe Forest
Early breakfast (4:45am); then drive to the chimp trekking point. After trekking, the Canopy Walkway follows. This is 50 meters above the ground level, and 200 meters long. The dizzying platform is above a steep and deep valley across a massive forest. The hanging platform which allows visitors to view different animal species in Nyungwe forest spreads over hundreds of square meters and will allow visitors to be on an “eye-to-eye level” with different primate species, and many bird species, all of which are fond of inhabiting the upper scales of the forest. Overnight at a recommended hotel. Aparts from Chimp Trekking, Nyungwe National Park offers other activities like Kamiranzovu trail, bird watching, hiking, and other trails of activities can be confirmed depending on your aspirations and duration of your stay.
- Day 3 - A visit to Gisakura/Kitabi Tea Factory
Early morning on the way to Huye, you will have time to visit the Tea factory before departing for Huye Ethnographic Museum.
With this experience, you will have a deep understanding of how tea is produced. We will 2 hours tours at the factory and depart back to Kigali. On the road, you will stop at Huye Ethographic museum. At the end of the tour, you will drive back to Kigali, then the airport and depart back home.
- Full board accommodation in a Hotel/Guesthouse is included.
- English speaking driver and guide included.
- All meals are included in this tour.
- Transport via private car is included.
- International Flight Tickets
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Beverages and other personal expenses