- Discover the Swartberg Mountains
- Visit the Endangered Wildlife Ranch of Cango
- Experience the bungee jumping in Bloukrans
You don’t have much time but still want to explore the entire Garden Route including a visit to the world famous Addo Elephant National Park? Climb aboard this 4 day tour where we go on a Big 5 Safari, learn more about African Elephants, do the Bungy Jump from the world's highest bungee bridge, surf in J-bay also known as surfers paradise and squeeze through the spectacular Cango Caves.
- Day 1 - Cape Town to Sedgefield via Oudtshoorn Little Karoo, Oudtshoorn, Cango Caves
We leave the Mother City behind and head into the semi-arid Little Karoo along the scenic Route 62 driving to the town of Oudtshoorn, known as the ostrich capital of the world, it is situated in a beautiful, fertile valley between the Outeniqua and Swartberg Mountains. Here you can choose between:
1. The Cango Caves where we will embark on a 1-hour guided tour of the cave system to view its massive caverns and a wonderland of stalactite and stalagmite formations, millions of years old. Cango Caves is a world heritage site and one of the great wonders of the natural world. Or if you enjoy spelunking and don’t mind trying to squeeze through some smaller gaps then you are also welcome to take the 1.5 hour adventure tour!
2. If caves are not for you, then you will be able to visit an Endangered Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary, home to many local and exotic endangered species.
Next is an option to visit an Ostrich Show Farm to learn more about the industry and a chance to get up close.
We then head over the Outeniqua Mountains to the lush coastal region known as the Garden Route where we will head to the beach town of Sedgefield where we spend our first night. If time allows we will also head to the beach for a swim in the Indian Ocean.
Accommodation: Backpacker dorm: Sedgefield
Route: Cape Town – Oudtshoorn – Sedgefield 520km
Travel time: ±6.5 hrs
Included Highlight: Cango Caves (Adventure or Standard Tour) OR Endangered Wildlife Rehabilitation
Optional Activity: Tour of an Ostrich farm
- Day 2 - Sedgefield to Jeffrey’s Bay Bloukrans Bungee, Elephants Bush Walk & Tsitsikamma National Park
This morning we drive through Knysna on our way to the Crags where you have a number of options to choose from:
1. Visit a sanctuary for orphaned elephants where you have the option to learn about these gentle giants and go on an Elephant Bush Walk
2. Visit a Monkey Sanctuary where rescued monkeys roam free in a large jungle area
Our next stop is the World’s highest commercial Bungee Jump at 216 meters where you have the opportunity to experience this adrenalin pumping activity. After an adrenaline rush at the bungee we take a walk through the indigenous Tsitsikamma National Park to the Storms river swing bridges before we head to the famous surfing town of Jeffreys Bay where we stay at a backpackers directly on the beach.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Accommodation: Backpacker dorm: Jeffrey’s Bay
Route: Sedgefield to Jeffreys Bay 220km
Travel time: ±3 hrs
Included Highlight: Tsitsikamma National Park
Optional Activities: Elephant Bush Walk OR Monkey Sanctuary, Bloukrans bungy jump (216m), Bloukrans Bridge walking tour
- Day 3 - Jeffrey’s Bay to Addo Elephant National Park to Sedgefield Game Drive (Addo), Surfing /Shopping time (Jeffrey’s bay)
There are 2 options to choose from this morning.
1. Sleep in and take some time in the morning to explore the town's many surf factory shops, or go for a surf lesson in one of the most famous surf spots on earth.
2. Wake up early and head to Addo Elephant National park where we go on a morning game drive to view the multitudes of wild animals. Addo is home to the Big 5 and it also has the highest concentration of African Elephants in the world!
We then take a relaxed drive back towards Sedgefield for the night. If there is time available we will visit the famous Knysna Heads for some absolutely amazing pictures where the ocean meets the inlet to the Knysna Lagoon.
Accommodation: Backpacker dorm: Sedgefield
Route: Jbay – Addo NP – Sedgefield/PE/Jbay/Knysna +-470 km’s
Travel time: ±6 hrs
Included Highlight: Addo Entrance & Game Dive with Cape to Addo Guide & Vehicle OR time in Jeffrey’s Bay, Knysna Heads
Optional Activities: Addo Game Drive with SANP (morning) OR Surf Lessons, Shopping
- Day 4 - Sedgefield to Cape Town Return to Cape Town via Sir Lowry’s Pass
After breakfast we begin a beautiful canoe trip down one of the many tranquil rivers in the area, followed by a short hike to a stunning waterfall.
We then visit an Aloe factory in Albertinia and enjoy a wonderful scenic drive via Swellendam and Sir Lowry’s Pass. We arrive in Cape Town late Thursday afternoon.
Route: Sedgefield – Cape Town +-450 km’s
Travel time: ±5 hrs
Included Highlight: Canoeing & Hike in Wilderness, Aloe Factory
We will drop you off back at your original pick up point in Cape Town unless otherwise requested. There are no set / guaranteed drop off times. Drop off times can range from late afternoon to early evening and can vary between ±5pm - ±10pm.
- All accommodation + bedding
- All transport in comfortable bus with AC & CD player
- Qualified and registered tour guide
- 3x Breakfast, 3x Dinner
- International Flight Tickets
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance