- 8-hour sailing adventure around stunning Stockholm Archipelago
- Absorb the views as your yacht explores beautiful straits, bays and uninhabited islands
- Try sailing the yacht guided by the crew, and help them handle the vessel
- Learn the basics of navigation, charts and compass reading
- Stop at a picturesque island to go ashore or swim
Spend the day on a yacht in Stockholm's scenic archipelago during this full-day excursion from Vaxholm. All hands are on deck as you help steer and crew the ship yourself under the direction of an expert skipper. Disembark on a picturesque island to explore its rocky shores and swim in the bracing ocean. Enjoy a traditional Swedish lunch on board the boat. No sailing experience is necessary to enjoy this day on the water, and all equipment is provided.
- Day 1 - Stockholm Archipelago Sailing Day Tour
Find your way by bus or ferry from central Stockholm to Vaxholm, a coastal town on the edge of the Stockholm archipelago. At the ferry port, meet your skipper at approximately 10 am and transfer to your yacht for the day.
Climb on board to meet the crew and receive a short safety briefing and introduction to the sailboat. Then, set sail into Europe's largest archipelago, a collection of 24,000 islands, part of which has been nominated for UNESCO World Heritage status. As you sail, hear the legends about the elves and fairies that live on these islands.
Some of the islands have homes and residents, but many are uninhabited. Take a turn at the ship's helm, then pause for a traditional Swedish fika, or coffee and pastry break. Learn the basics of navigation, the natural history of the area and its flora and fauna from your knowledgeable skipper as you sail.
Stop at a small island for some exploration on foot and a dip in the refreshing water. Enjoy a traditional Swedish lunch on board the boat.
- 8-hour sailing experience aboard a modern yacht
- Supervision from a professional yachting crew
- Use of an inflatable life jacket and sailing equipment
- Lunch and drinks
- Coffee and snacks
- Ferry/Transportation to/from Vaxholm Harbour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off