- Enjoy fire cooked dinner and explore pristine nature of Karakum
- Discover famous city of Kunya-Urgench, the capital of ancient Khorezm Empire
- Explore the Kutlug Timur Minaret and Kyrk Molla Hill
Darvaza (a.k.a Door-to-Hell) tour is a trip to the natural gas crater with the size of American football field that appeared in 1971 and has been burning ever since. You will see it at night, the most beautiful time, also enjoy fire cooked dinner and explore pristine nature of Karakum, the hottest desert in Central Asia. In the north of the vast desert you will discover famous city of Kunya-Urgench, the capital of ancient Khorezm Empire that encounters more than 2000 years of history. Book Door to Hell at Night tour and spend a wonderful night in the tent next to the crater of fire.
- Day 1 - Ashgabat – Dashoguz – Darvaza
Your Door-to-Hell tour starts in Ashgabat with the transfer to the airport for morning flight to Dashoguz (580 km, 50 min). Upon arrival drive to Kunya-Urgench, the ancient capital of Khorezm Empire (120 km, 1 h. 30 min). Start sightseeing Kunya-Urgench historical site: mausoleums of Turebek-Khanym, Sultan Tekesh, Sultan Il Arslan, Najmad-din-Kubra, Sultan Ali. Discover the Kutlug Timur Minaret and Kyrk Molla Hill. In the afternoon drive to Darvaza gas crater located in the middle of Karakym desert (280 km across sand dunes). Arrive at the crater, set up the camp. Enjoy a delicious fire-cooked meal for dinner near the burning gas crater. Overnight in tents.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
- Day 2 - Darvaza – Ashgabat
After camp style breakfast depart to Ashgabat (280 km, 4 h). Arrive in Ashgabat. End of the trip.
- All transfers;
- One way economy air ticket Ashgabat – Dashoguz;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Utensils and necessary equipment for staying in tents (sleeping bags, sleeping mats, pillows, dining table, chairs);
- Camp style dinner and breakfast at Darvaza crater;
- Lunch in Kunya Urgench.
- Consular fees and visa support for Turkmenistan tourist visa;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.